Radiation dose to heart base linked with poorer survival in lung cancer patients.
Vasquez Osorio, E
van Herk, Marcel
AffiliationDivision of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Science, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdvances in radiotherapy (RT) have allowed an increased proportion of lung cancer patients to be treated curatively. High doses delivered to critical thoracic organs can result in excess mortality with tolerance doses poorly defined. This work presents a novel method of identifying anatomical dose-sensitive regions within the thorax.
CitationRadiation dose to heart base linked with poorer survival in lung cancer patients. 2017, 85:106-113 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Novel Methodology to Investigate the Effect of Radiation Dose to Heart Substructures on Overall Survival.
- Authors: McWilliam A, Khalifa J, Vasquez Osorio E, Banfill K, Abravan A, Faivre-Finn C, van Herk M
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 15
- Comparison of heart and coronary artery doses associated with intensity-modulated radiotherapy versus three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for distal esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Kole TP, Aghayere O, Kwah J, Yorke ED, Goodman KA
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 1
- Heart Dosimetry is Correlated With Risk of Radiation Pneumonitis After Lung-Sparing Hemithoracic Pleural Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma.
- Authors: Yorke ED, Jackson A, Kuo LC, Ojo A, Panchoo K, Adusumilli P, Zauderer MG, Rusch VW, Shepherd A, Rimner A
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1
- Is pulmonary artery a dose-limiting organ at risk in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with definitive radiotherapy?
- Authors: Ma JT, Sun L, Sun X, Xiong ZC, Liu Y, Zhang SL, Huang LT, Han CB
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- Prospective study of proton-beam radiation therapy for limited-stage small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Rwigema JM, Verma V, Lin L, Berman AT, Levin WP, Evans TL, Aggarwal C, Rengan R, Langer C, Cohen RB, Simone CB 2nd
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 1