Open chromatin profiling identifies AP1 as a transcriptional regulator in oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
AffiliationSchool of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOesophageal adenocarcinoma (OAC) is one of the ten most prevalent forms of cancer and is showing a rapid increase in incidence and yet exhibits poor survival rates. Compared to many other common cancers, the molecular changes that occur in this disease are relatively poorly understood. However, genes encoding chromatin remodeling enzymes are frequently mutated in OAC. This is consistent with the emerging concept that cancer cells exhibit reprogramming of their chromatin environment which leads to subsequent changes in their transcriptional profile. Here, we have used ATAC-seq to interrogate the chromatin changes that occur in OAC using both cell lines and patient-derived material. We demonstrate that there are substantial changes in the regulatory chromatin environment in the cancer cells and using this data we have uncovered an important role for ETS and AP1 transcription factors in driving the changes in gene expression found in OAC cells.
CitationOpen chromatin profiling identifies AP1 as a transcriptional regulator in oesophageal adenocarcinoma. 2017, 13 (8):e1006879 PLoS Genet
- Master transcription factors form interconnected circuitry and orchestrate transcriptional networks in oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Chen L, Huang M, Plummer J, Pan J, Jiang YY, Yang Q, Silva TC, Gull N, Chen S, Ding LW, An O, Yang H, Cheng Y, Said JW, Doan N, Dinjens WN, Waters KM, Tuli R, Gayther SA, Klempner SJ, Berman BP, Meltzer SJ, Lin DC, Koeffler HP
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- The ERK MAP kinase-PEA3/ETV4-MMP-1 axis is operative in oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Keld R, Guo B, Downey P, Gulmann C, Ang YS, Sharrocks AD
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 9
- A Transcriptional Regulatory Loop of Master Regulator Transcription Factors, PPARG, and Fatty Acid Synthesis Promotes Esophageal Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Ma S, Zhou B, Yang Q, Pan Y, Yang W, Freedland SJ, Ding LW, Freeman MR, Breunig JJ, Bhowmick NA, Pan J, Koeffler HP, Lin DC
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 1
- Expression of various matrix proteases and Ets family transcriptional factors in ovarian cancer cell lines: correlation to invasive potential.
- Authors: Nishikawa A, Iwasaki M, Akutagawa N, Manase K, Yamashita S, Endo T, Kudo R
- Issue date: 2000 Nov
- MMP9 expression in oesophageal adenocarcinoma is upregulated with visceral obesity and is associated with poor tumour differentiation.
- Authors: Allott EH, Lysaght J, Cathcart MC, Donohoe CL, Cummins R, McGarrigle SA, Kay E, Reynolds JV, Pidgeon GP
- Issue date: 2013 Feb