Technical Note: Investigating the impact of field size on patient selection for the 1.5T MR-Linac.
AffiliationChristie Medical Physics and Engineering (CMPE), The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe 1.5T Elekta MR-Linac, due to the construction of the system will have a maximum radiation field size in the superior-inferior patient direction of 22cm at isocentre. The field size may impact on the patient groups which can be treated on the system. This technical note aims to address the question of which treatment sites will be affected by field size limitations on the MR-Linac.
CitationTechnical Note: Investigating the impact of field size on patient selection for the 1.5T MR-Linac. 2017 Med Phys
- Magnetic shielding investigation for a 6 MV in-line linac within the parallel configuration of a linac-MR system.
- Authors: Santos DM, St Aubin J, Fallone BG, Steciw S
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Effect of radiation induced current on the quality of MR images in an integrated linac-MR system.
- Authors: Burke B, Wachowicz K, Fallone BG, Rathee S
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Effect of longitudinal magnetic fields on a simulated in-line 6 MV linac.
- Authors: St Aubin J, Santos DM, Steciw S, Fallone BG
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- The impact of restricted length of treatment field and anthropometric factors on selection of head and neck cancer patients for treatment on the MR-Linac.
- Authors: Ng-Cheng-Hin B, Nutting C, Newbold K, Bhide S, McQuaid D, Dunlop A, Harrington K, Wong KH
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Quality of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Treatment Plans Using a ⁶⁰Co Magnetic Resonance Image Guidance Radiation Therapy System.
- Authors: Wooten HO, Green O, Yang M, DeWees T, Kashani R, Olsen J, Michalski J, Yang D, Tanderup K, Hu Y, Li HH, Mutic S
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 15