Developing and validating a survival prediction model for NSCLC patients through distributed learning across 3 countries.
El Naqa, I
Ten Haken, R
van Soest, J
Price, Gareth J
de Ruysscher, D
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology (MAASTRO), GROW-School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTools for survival prediction for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients treated with chemoradiation or radiation therapy are of limited quality. In this work, we developed a predictive model of survival at 2 years. The model is based on a large volume of historical patient data and serves as a proof of concept to demonstrate the distributed learning approach.
CitationDeveloping and validating a survival prediction model for NSCLC patients through distributed learning across 3 countries. 2017, 99 (2):344-352 Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics
- A Validated Prediction Model for Overall Survival From Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Toward Survival Prediction for Individual Patients.
- Authors: Oberije C, De Ruysscher D, Houben R, van de Heuvel M, Uyterlinde W, Deasy JO, Belderbos J, Dingemans AM, Rimner A, Din S, Lambin P
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 15
- Distributed learning: Developing a predictive model based on data from multiple hospitals without data leaving the hospital - A real life proof of concept.
- Authors: Jochems A, Deist TM, van Soest J, Eble M, Bulens P, Coucke P, Dries W, Lambin P, Dekker A
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- A prediction model for early death in non-small cell lung cancer patients following curative-intent chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Jochems A, El-Naqa I, Kessler M, Mayo CS, Jolly S, Matuszak M, Faivre-Finn C, Price G, Holloway L, Vinod S, Field M, Barakat MS, Thwaites D, de Ruysscher D, Dekker A, Lambin P
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Standard-dose versus high-dose conformal radiotherapy with concurrent and consolidation carboplatin plus paclitaxel with or without cetuximab for patients with stage IIIA or IIIB non-small-cell lung cancer (RTOG 0617): a randomised, two-by-two factorial phase 3 study.
- Authors: Bradley JD, Paulus R, Komaki R, Masters G, Blumenschein G, Schild S, Bogart J, Hu C, Forster K, Magliocco A, Kavadi V, Garces YI, Narayan S, Iyengar P, Robinson C, Wynn RB, Koprowski C, Meng J, Beitler J, Gaur R, Curran W Jr, Choy H
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Development and validation of a prognostic model using blood biomarker information for prediction of survival of non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with combined chemotherapy and radiation or radiotherapy alone (NCT00181519, NCT00573040, and NCT00572325).
- Authors: Dehing-Oberije C, Aerts H, Yu S, De Ruysscher D, Menheere P, Hilvo M, van der Weide H, Rao B, Lambin P
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1