AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Michigan, Michigan, United States
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdvances in patient-specific information and biotechnology have contributed to a new era of computational medicine. Radiogenomics has emerged as a new field that investigates the role of genetics in treatment response to radiation therapy. Radiation oncology is currently attempting to embrace these recent advances and add to its rich history by maintaining its prominent role as a quantitative leader in oncologic response modeling. Here, we provide an overview of radiogenomics starting with genotyping, data aggregation, and application of different modeling approaches based on modifying traditional radiobiological methods or application of advanced machine learning techniques. We highlight the current status and potential for this new field to reshape the landscape of outcome modeling in radiotherapy and drive future advances in computational oncology.
CitationRadiogenomics and radiotherapy response modeling. 2017, 62 (16):R179-R206 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- Machine Learning and Radiogenomics: Lessons Learned and Future Directions.
- Authors: Kang J, Rancati T, Lee S, Oh JH, Kerns SL, Scott JG, Schwartz R, Kim S, Rosenstein BS
- Issue date: 2018
- Radiogenomics - current status, challenges and future directions.
- Authors: Andreassen CN, Schack LM, Laursen LV, Alsner J
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 1
- Radiation biology and oncology in the genomic era.
- Authors: Kerns SL, Chuang KH, Hall W, Werner Z, Chen Y, Ostrer H, West C, Rosenstein B
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Authors: Story MD, Durante M
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Radiogenomics: radiobiology enters the era of big data and team science.
- Authors: Rosenstein BS, West CM, Bentzen SM, Alsner J, Andreassen CN, Azria D, Barnett GC, Baumann M, Burnet N, Chang-Claude J, Chuang EY, Coles CE, Dekker A, De Ruyck K, De Ruysscher D, Drumea K, Dunning AM, Easton D, Eeles R, Fachal L, Gutiérrez-Enríquez S, Haustermans K, Henríquez-Hernández LA, Imai T, Jones GD, Kerns SL, Liao Z, Onel K, Ostrer H, Parliament M, Pharoah PD, Rebbeck TR, Talbot CJ, Thierens H, Vega A, Witte JS, Wong P, Zenhausern F, Radiogenomics Consortium.
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 15