A randomised trial of screening with digital breast tomosynthesis plus conventional digital 2D mammography versus 2D mammography alone in younger higher risk women.
AuthorsMaxwell, Anthony J
Kotre, John C
AffiliationNightingale Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester, M23 9LT
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDigital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) has been shown to increase invasive cancer detection rates at screening compared to full field digital (2D) mammography alone, and some studies have reported a reduction in the screening recall rate. No prospective randomised studies of DBT have previously been published. This study compares recall rates with 2D mammography with and without concurrent DBT in women in their forties with a family history of breast cancer undergoing incident screening.
CitationA randomised trial of screening with digital breast tomosynthesis plus conventional digital 2D mammography versus 2D mammography alone in younger higher risk women. 2017 Eur J Radiol
JournalEuropean Journal of Radiology
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis with Synthesized Two-Dimensional Images versus Full-Field Digital Mammography for Population Screening: Outcomes from the Verona Screening Program.
- Authors: Caumo F, Zorzi M, Brunelli S, Romanucci G, Rella R, Cugola L, Bricolo P, Fedato C, Montemezzi S, Houssami N
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Clinical performance metrics of 3D digital breast tomosynthesis compared with 2D digital mammography for breast cancer screening in community practice.
- Authors: Greenberg JS, Javitt MC, Katzen J, Michael S, Holland AE
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Digital Mammography versus Digital Mammography Plus Tomosynthesis for Breast Cancer Screening: The Reggio Emilia Tomosynthesis Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Pattacini P, Nitrosi A, Giorgi Rossi P, Iotti V, Ginocchi V, Ravaioli S, Vacondio R, Braglia L, Cavuto S, Campari C, RETomo Working Group.
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- The TOMMY trial: a comparison of TOMosynthesis with digital MammographY in the UK NHS Breast Screening Programme--a multicentre retrospective reading study comparing the diagnostic performance of digital breast tomosynthesis and digital mammography with digital mammography alone.
- Authors: Gilbert FJ, Tucker L, Gillan MG, Willsher P, Cooke J, Duncan KA, Michell MJ, Dobson HM, Lim YY, Purushothaman H, Strudley C, Astley SM, Morrish O, Young KC, Duffy SW
- Issue date: 2015 Jan