Nanofluidic allele-specific digital PCR method for quantifying IDH1 and IDH2 mutation burden in acute myeloid leukemia.
AffiliationLeukemia Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrecise quantitation of allelic burden for a pathogenic mutation has diverse clinical and research applications but can be difficult to achieve with conventional qPCR-based techniques, especially at lower mutant allele frequencies. Digital PCR overcomes many of the limitations of qPCR and can be highly quantitative even for single-nucleotide variants, with distinct advantages over next-generation sequencing approaches. Here we describe a method combining the principles of TaqMan(®)-chemistry SNP genotyping with microfluidic digital PCR to generate a highly sensitive, quantitative allele-specific digital PCR assay for the six most common IDH1 and IDH2 mutations encountered in myeloid malignancy. The concept and approach could easily be applied to other suitable SNVs.
CitationNanofluidic allele-specific digital PCR method for quantifying IDH1 and IDH2 mutation burden in acute myeloid leukemia. 2017, 1633:235-255 Methods Mol. Biol.
JournalMethods in Molecular Biology
- Rapid detection of IDH2 (R140Q and R172K) mutations in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Ashraf S, Noguera NI, Di Giandomenico J, Zaza S, Hasan SK, Lo-Coco F
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Detection of Dual IDH1 and IDH2 Mutations by Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing in Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Myelodysplastic Syndromes.
- Authors: Platt MY, Fathi AT, Borger DR, Brunner AM, Hasserjian RP, Balaj L, Lum A, Yip S, Dias-Santagata D, Zheng Z, Le LP, Graubert TA, Iafrate AJ, Nardi V
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Direct comparison of quantitative digital PCR and 2-hydroxyglutarate enantiomeric ratio for IDH mutant allele frequency assessment in myeloid malignancy.
- Authors: Wiseman DH, Struys EA, Wilks DP, Clark CI, Dennis MW, Jansen EE, Salomons GS, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Molecular alterations of isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 and 2 (IDH1 and IDH2) metabolic genes and additional genetic mutations in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia patients.
- Authors: Chotirat S, Thongnoppakhun W, Promsuwicha O, Boonthimat C, Auewarakul CU
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 7
- IDH1 and IDH2 gene mutations identify novel molecular subsets within de novo cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B study.
- Authors: Marcucci G, Maharry K, Wu YZ, Radmacher MD, Mrózek K, Margeson D, Holland KB, Whitman SP, Becker H, Schwind S, Metzeler KH, Powell BL, Carter TH, Kolitz JE, Wetzler M, Carroll AJ, Baer MR, Caligiuri MA, Larson RA, Bloomfield CD
- Issue date: 2010 May 10