IRIS study: a phase II study of the steroid sulfatase inhibitor Irosustat when added to an aromatase inhibitor in ER-positive breast cancer patients.
Howell, Sacha J
AffiliationDepartment of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIrosustat is a first-generation, orally active, irreversible steroid sulfatase inhibitor. We performed a multicentre, open label phase II trial of the addition of Irosustat to a first-line aromatase inhibitor (AI) in patients with advanced BC to evaluate the safety of the combination and to test the hypothesis that the addition of Irosustat to AI may further suppress estradiol levels and result in clinical benefit.
CitationIRIS study: a phase II study of the steroid sulfatase inhibitor Irosustat when added to an aromatase inhibitor in ER-positive breast cancer patients. 2017 Breast Cancer Res Treat
JournalBreast Cancer Research and Treatment
- IPET study: an FLT-PET window study to assess the activity of the steroid sulfatase inhibitor irosustat in early breast cancer.
- Authors: Palmieri C, Szydlo R, Miller M, Barker L, Patel NH, Sasano H, Barwick T, Tam H, Hadjiminas D, Lee J, Shaaban A, Nicholas H, Coombes RC, Kenny LM
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- A phase I dose escalation study to determine the optimal biological dose of irosustat, an oral steroid sulfatase inhibitor, in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
- Authors: Coombes RC, Cardoso F, Isambert N, Lesimple T, Soulié P, Peraire C, Fohanno V, Kornowski A, Ali T, Schmid P
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Aromatase inhibitors for treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
- Authors: Gibson LJ, Dawson C, Lawrence DH, Bliss JM
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 24
- Bicalutamide plus Aromatase Inhibitor in Patients with Estrogen Receptor-Positive/Androgen Receptor-Positive Advanced Breast Cancer.
- Authors: Lu Q, Xia W, Lee K, Zhang J, Yuan H, Yuan Z, Shi Y, Wang S, Xu F
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- A phase II study of combined fulvestrant and everolimus in patients with metastatic estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer after aromatase inhibitor (AI) failure.
- Authors: Massarweh S, Romond E, Black EP, Van Meter E, Shelton B, Kadamyan-Melkumian V, Stevens M, Elledge R
- Issue date: 2014 Jan