Gamma-delta T-cell lymphoma of skin, eye and brain presenting with visual loss.
AffiliationManchester Royal Eye Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA young man presented with rapid, predominantly right-sided visual loss with a background of multifocal skin lesions. Visual acuity was right hand movements, left 6/5 Snellen, deteriorating to 6/38. He showed panuveitis with bilateral multifocal retinal infiltrates and retinal vasculitis. Multifocal brain lesions were identified. Biopsy of both skin and vitreous showed atypical lymphocytes, and immunohistochemistry confirmed T-cell lymphoma of gamma-delta subtype. Management with the CODOX-M/IVAC polychemotherapy regimen achieved rapid response including resolution of intraocular changes and substantial improvement of visual acuity to right 6/7.5, left 6/6. However, he relapsed before planned stem cell transplantation. Salvage with the gemcitabine/dexamethasone/cisplatin regimen, although temporarily effective, was followed by further relapse including widespread brain involvement, and he succumbed 10 months after presentation.
CitationGamma-delta T-cell lymphoma of skin, eye and brain presenting with visual loss. 2017, 2017 BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ Case Reports
- Primary NK/T cell lymphoma of the testis. A case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Kim YB, Chang SK, Yang WI, Hahn JS, Koom WS, Shim SJ, Park W, Lee KK, Suh CO, Kim GE
- Issue date: 2003
- Primary colorectal T-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Okada M, Maeda K, Suzumiya J, Hagimoto T, Wakamatsu S, Ohshima K, Kanda M, Sonoda T, Sakamoto A, Tamura K
- Issue date: 2003
- Intraocular Relapse with Hypopyon and Retinal Infiltrates after Chemotherapy and Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation for Extranodal NK/T-Cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Matsuo T, Tanaka T, Ichimura K, Meguri Y
- Issue date: 2015
- Salvage therapy and late neurotoxicity in patients with recurrent primary CNS lymphoma treated with a modified ProMACE-MOPP hybrid regimen.
- Authors: Yamanaka R, Shinbo Y, Sano M, Homma J, Tsuchiya N, Yajima N, Tamura T, Hondoh H, Takahashi H, Morii K, Onda K, Tanaka R
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- [Therapeutic management of central nervous system lymphomas in a single hematological institute].
- Authors: Iványi JL, Marton E, Plander M, Gyánó G, Czumbil L, Tóth C
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 18