First evidence of genotype-phenotype correlations in Gorlin syndrome.
AffiliationDivision of Evolution and Genomic Science, School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGorlin syndrome (GS) is an autosomal dominant syndrome characterised by multiple basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) and an increased risk of jaw cysts and early childhood medulloblastoma. Heterozygous germline variants in PTCH1 and SUFU encoding components of the Sonic hedgehog pathway explain the majority of cases. Here, we aimed to delineate genotype-phenotype correlations in GS.
CitationFirst evidence of genotype-phenotype correlations in Gorlin syndrome. 2017 J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Germline mutations in SUFU cause Gorlin syndrome-associated childhood medulloblastoma and redefine the risk associated with PTCH1 mutations.
- Authors: Smith MJ, Beetz C, Williams SG, Bhaskar SS, O'Sullivan J, Anderson B, Daly SB, Urquhart JE, Bholah Z, Oudit D, Cheesman E, Kelsey A, McCabe MG, Newman WG, Evans DG
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 20
- Identification of a SUFU germline mutation in a family with Gorlin syndrome.
- Authors: Pastorino L, Ghiorzo P, Nasti S, Battistuzzi L, Cusano R, Marzocchi C, Garrè ML, Clementi M, Scarrà GB
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Mutations in SUFU and PTCH1 genes may cause different cutaneous cancer predisposition syndromes: similar, but not the same.
- Authors: Huq AJ, Walsh M, Rajagopalan B, Finlay M, Trainer AH, Bonnet F, Sevenet N, Winship IM
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- A Novel PTCH1 Frameshift Mutation Leading to Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome.
- Authors: Durmaz CD, Evans G, Smith MJ, Ertop P, Akay BN, Tuncalı T
- Issue date: 2018
- SHH desmoplastic/nodular medulloblastoma and Gorlin syndrome in the setting of Down syndrome: case report, molecular profiling, and review of the literature.
- Authors: Mangum R, Varga E, Boué DR, Capper D, Benesch M, Leonard J, Osorio DS, Pierson CR, Zumberge N, Sahm F, Schrimpf D, Pfister SM, Finlay JL
- Issue date: 2016 Dec