The addition of whole-body magnetic resonance imaging to body computerised tomography alters treatment decisions in patients with metastatic breast cancer.
AffiliationBreast Cancer Research Unit, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2RN, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAccurate evaluation of distribution of disease and response to systemic anti-cancer therapy (SACT) is important in the optimal management of metastatic breast cancer. Whole-body magnetic resonance imaging (WB-MRI) has increased accuracy over computerised tomography of the chest, abdomen and pelvis (CT-CAP) for detecting liver and bone disease, but its effect on patient management is largely unexplored. This study investigates the effects of using WB-MRI alongside CT-CAP on SACT decisions in standard clinical practice for patients with metastatic breast cancer.
CitationThe addition of whole-body magnetic resonance imaging to body computerised tomography alters treatment decisions in patients with metastatic breast cancer. 2017, 77:109-116 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- The added value of whole-body magnetic resonance imaging in the management of patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Zugni F, Ruju F, Pricolo P, Alessi S, Iorfida M, Colleoni MA, Bellomi M, Petralia G
- Issue date: 2018
- Patterns of disease progression in patients with local and metastatic breast cancer as evaluated by whole-body magnetic resonance imaging.
- Authors: Kosmin M, Padhani AR, Sokhi H, Thijssen T, Makris A
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Comprehensive imaging of tumor recurrence in breast cancer patients using whole-body MRI at 1.5 and 3 T compared to FDG-PET-CT.
- Authors: Schmidt GP, Baur-Melnyk A, Haug A, Heinemann V, Bauerfeind I, Reiser MF, Schoenberg SO
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Comparison of Whole-Body MRI, CT, and Bone Scintigraphy for Response Evaluation of Cancer Therapeutics in Metastatic Breast Cancer to Bone.
- Authors: Kosmin M, Padhani AR, Gogbashian A, Woolf D, Ah-See ML, Ostler P, Sutherland S, Miles D, Noble J, Koh DM, Marshall A, Dunn J, Makris A
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Diagnostic accuracy of whole-body MRI versus standard imaging pathways for metastatic disease in newly diagnosed non-small-cell lung cancer: the prospective Streamline L trial.
- Authors: Taylor SA, Mallett S, Ball S, Beare S, Bhatnagar G, Bhowmik A, Boavida P, Bridgewater J, Clarke CS, Duggan M, Ellis S, Glynne-Jones R, Goh V, Groves AM, Hameeduddin A, Janes SM, Johnston EW, Koh DM, Lock S, Miles A, Morris S, Morton A, Navani N, Oliver A, O'Shaughnessy T, Padhani AR, Prezzi D, Punwani S, Quinn L, Rafiee H, Reczko K, Rockall AG, Russell P, Sidhu HS, Strickland N, Tarver K, Teague J, Halligan S, Streamline investigators.
- Issue date: 2019 Jun