Development of 5-hydroxypyrazole derivatives as reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
AuthorsMould, Daniel P
Jordan, Allan M
McGonagle, Alison E
Small, Helen F
Somervaille, Tim C P
Ogilvie, Donald J
AffiliationDrug Discovery Unit, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1 (LSD1) with a 5-hydroxypyrazole scaffold have been developed from compound 7, which was identified from the patent literature. Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and biochemical analysis showed it to be a reversible LSD1 inhibitor with an IC50 value of 0.23µM. Optimisation of this compound by rational design afforded compounds with Kd values of <10nM. In human THP-1 cells, these compounds were found to upregulate the expression of the surrogate cellular biomarker CD86. Compound 11p was found to have moderate oral bioavailability in mice suggesting its potential for use as an in vivo tool compound.
CitationDevelopment of 5-hydroxypyrazole derivatives as reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1. 2017 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Development and evaluation of 4-(pyrrolidin-3-yl)benzonitrile derivatives as inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
- Authors: Mould DP, Bremberg U, Jordan AM, Geitmann M, McGonagle AE, Somervaille TCP, Spencer GJ, Ogilvie DJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 15
- Design, synthesis and in vitro evaluation of stilbene derivatives as novel LSD1 inhibitors for AML therapy.
- Authors: Duan Y, Qin W, Suo F, Zhai X, Guan Y, Wang X, Zheng Y, Liu H
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 15
- Fluorinated tranylcypromine analogues as inhibitors of lysine-specific demethylase 1 (LSD1, KDM1A).
- Authors: Borrello MT, Schinor B, Bartels K, Benelkebir H, Pereira S, Al-Jamal WT, Douglas L, Duriez PJ, Packham G, Haufe G, Ganesan A
- Issue date: 2017 May 15
- CD86 expression as a surrogate cellular biomarker for pharmacological inhibition of the histone demethylase lysine-specific demethylase 1.
- Authors: Lynch JT, Cockerill MJ, Hitchin JR, Wiseman DH, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 1
- Discovery of resveratrol derivatives as novel LSD1 inhibitors: Design, synthesis and their biological evaluation.
- Authors: Duan YC, Guan YY, Zhai XY, Ding LN, Qin WP, Shen DD, Liu XQ, Sun XD, Zheng YC, Liu HM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 27