twoddpcr: An R/Bioconductor package and Shiny app for Droplet Digital PCR analysis.
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDroplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) is a sensitive platform used to quantify specific nucleic acid molecules amplified by polymerase chain reactions. Its sensitivity makes it particularly useful for the detection of rare mutant molecules, such as those present in a sample of circulating free tumour DNA obtained from cancer patients. ddPCR works by partitioning a sample into individual droplets for which the majority contain only zero or one target molecule. Each droplet then becomes a reaction chamber for PCR, which through the use of fluorochrome labelled probes allows the target molecules to be detected by measuring the fluorescence intensity of each droplet. The technology supports two channels, allowing, for example, mutant and wild type molecules to be detected simultaneously in the same sample. As yet, no open source software is available for the automatic gating of two channel ddPCR experiments in the case where the droplets can be grouped into four clusters. Here, we present an open source R package 'twoddpcr', which uses Poisson statistics to estimate the number of molecules in such two channel ddPCR data. Using the Shiny framework, an accompanying graphical user interface (GUI) is also included for the package, allowing users to adjust parameters and see the results in real-time.
Citationtwoddpcr: An R/Bioconductor package and Shiny app for Droplet Digital PCR analysis. 2017 Bioinformatics
- ddPCRclust: an R package and Shiny app for automated analysis of multiplexed ddPCR data.
- Authors: Brink BG, Meskas J, Brinkman RR
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 1
- ddpcr: an R package and web application for analysis of droplet digital PCR data.
- Authors: Attali D, Bidshahri R, Haynes C, Bryan J
- Issue date: 2016
- TCC-GUI: a Shiny-based application for differential expression analysis of RNA-Seq count data.
- Authors: Su W, Sun J, Shimizu K, Kadota K
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 13
- miRBaseConverter: an R/Bioconductor package for converting and retrieving miRNA name, accession, sequence and family information in different versions of miRBase.
- Authors: Xu T, Su N, Liu L, Zhang J, Wang H, Zhang W, Gui J, Yu K, Li J, Le TD
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 31
- Low copy target detection by Droplet Digital PCR through application of a novel open access bioinformatic pipeline, 'definetherain'.
- Authors: Jones M, Williams J, Gärtner K, Phillips R, Hurst J, Frater J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun