Significance of baseline FDG-PET/CT scan as a method of staging regional lymph nodes in patients with operable distal oesophageal or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma.
Weaver, Jamie M
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology , The Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe new American Joint Committee on Cancer eighth edition (AJCC8) staging is the first to describe separate clinical and pathology staging systems, but still has low performance to predict prognosis in patients with oesophageal/gastroesophageal junction (O/GOJ) adenocarcinoma, who are candidates for surgery. Recent studies have demonstrated that O/GOJ cancer patients with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) avid regional lymph nodes (RLNs) may have poor prognosis. The aim of our study was to examine whether the baseline assessment of the FDG uptake of RLN improves the prognostic accuracy of the new AJCC8 staging.
CitationSignificance of baseline FDG-PET/CT scan as a method of staging regional lymph nodes in patients with operable distal oesophageal or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma. 2017:1-9 Acta Oncol
- Significance of blood neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio for prognostic stratification of patients with gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma in the era of the 8th edition of the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC8) staging.
- Authors: Conway AM, Salih Z, Papaxoinis G, Fletcher K, Weaver J, Patrao A, Noble R, Stamatopoulou S, Owen-Holt V, Mansoor W
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Prognostic Significance of FDG Uptake of Bone Marrow on PET/CT in Patients With Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer After Curative Surgical Resection.
- Authors: Lee JW, Na JO, Kang DY, Lee SY, Lee SM
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the preoperative staging of thoracic oesophageal and gastro-oesophageal junction cancer: a prospective study.
- Authors: Katsoulis IE, Wong WL, Mattheou AK, Damani N, Chambers J, Livingstone JI
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Role of positron emission tomography-computed tomography in predicting survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and surgery for oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Gillies RS, Middleton MR, Han C, Marshall RE, Maynard ND, Bradley KM, Gleeson FV
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Clinical staging of patients with early esophageal adenocarcinoma: does FDG-PET/CT have a role?
- Authors: Cuellar SL, Carter BW, Macapinlac HA, Ajani JA, Komaki R, Welsh JW, Lee JH, Swisher SG, Correa AM, Erasmus JJ, Hofstetter WL
- Issue date: 2014 Aug