Pathology update to the Manchester Scoring System based on testing in over 4000 families.
AuthorsEvans, D Gareth R
AffiliationPrevent Breast Cancer Prevention Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWhile the requirement for thresholds for testing for mutations in BRCA1/2 is being questioned, they are likely to remain for individuals unaffected by a relevant cancer. It is still useful to provide pretesting likelihoods, but models need to take into account tumour pathology.
CitationPathology update to the Manchester Scoring System based on testing in over 4000 families. 2017 J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Validation of the Manchester scoring system for predicting BRCA1/2 mutations in 9,390 families suspected of having hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Kast K, Schmutzler RK, Rhiem K, Kiechle M, Fischer C, Niederacher D, Arnold N, Grimm T, Speiser D, Schlegelberger B, Varga D, Horvath J, Beer M, Briest S, Meindl A, Engel C
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 15
- Evaluation of the relative effectiveness of the 2017 updated Manchester scoring system for predicting <i>BRCA1/2</i> mutations in a Southeast Asian country.
- Authors: Chew W, Moorakonda RB, Courtney E, Soh H, Li ST, Chen Y, Shaw T, Allen JC, Evans DGR, Ngeow J
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Addition of pathology and biomarker information significantly improves the performance of the Manchester scoring system for BRCA1 and BRCA2 testing.
- Authors: Evans DG, Lalloo F, Cramer A, Jones EA, Knox F, Amir E, Howell A
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Predicting the likelihood of carrying a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation: validation of BOADICEA, BRCAPRO, IBIS, Myriad and the Manchester scoring system using data from UK genetics clinics.
- Authors: Antoniou AC, Hardy R, Walker L, Evans DG, Shenton A, Eeles R, Shanley S, Pichert G, Izatt L, Rose S, Douglas F, Eccles D, Morrison PJ, Scott J, Zimmern RL, Easton DF, Pharoah PD
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Risk algorithms that include pathology adjustment for HER2 amplification need to make further downward adjustments in likelihood scores.
- Authors: Evans DG, Woodward ER, Howell SJ, Verhoef S, Howell A, Lalloo F
- Issue date: 2017 Apr