Crisis checklists for in-hospital emergencies: expert consensus, simulation testing and recommendations for a template determined by a multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary learning collaborative.
Cooksley, Timothy J
De Bie, A
AffiliationYsbyty Gwynedd & Bangor University, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, LL57 2PW, UK
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract'Failure to rescue' of hospitalized patients with deteriorating physiology on general wards is caused by a complex array of organisational, technical and cultural failures including a lack of standardized team and individual expected responses and actions. The aim of this study using a learning collaborative method was to develop consensus recomendations on the utility and effectiveness of checklists as training and operational tools to assist in improving the skills of general ward staff on the effective rescue of patients with abnormal physiology.
CitationCrisis checklists for in-hospital emergencies: expert consensus, simulation testing and recommendations for a template determined by a multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary learning collaborative. 2017, 17 (1):334 BMC Health Serv Res
JournalBMC Health Services Research
- Medical Error Prevention
- Authors: Rodziewicz TL, Hipskind JE
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The impact of web-based and face-to-face simulation on patient deterioration and patient safety: protocol for a multi-site multi-method design.
- Authors: Cooper SJ, Kinsman L, Chung C, Cant R, Boyle J, Bull L, Cameron A, Connell C, Kim JA, McInnes D, McKay A, Nankervis K, Penz E, Rotter T
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 7
- Crisis checklists for the operating room: development and pilot testing.
- Authors: Ziewacz JE, Arriaga AF, Bader AM, Berry WR, Edmondson L, Wong JM, Lipsitz SR, Hepner DL, Peyre S, Nelson S, Boorman DJ, Smink DS, Ashley SW, Gawande AA
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Validity and reliability assessment of detailed scoring checklists for use during perioperative emergency simulation training.
- Authors: McEvoy MD, Hand WR, Furse CM, Field LC, Clark CA, Moitra VK, Nietert PJ, O'Connor MF, Nunnally ME
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Randomized clinical trial of the impact of surgical ward-care checklists on postoperative care in a simulated environment.
- Authors: Pucher PH, Aggarwal R, Qurashi M, Singh P, Darzi A
- Issue date: 2014 Dec