Long term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer.
McNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with advanced biliary tract cancer (BTC) are often treated with palliative chemotherapy (PC). Standard PC since 2010 is a cisplatin/gemcitabine doublet, with median overall survival (OS) of 11.7 months from the ABC-02 trial. Prior to this, our institutional standard was gemcitabine and fluoropyrimidine. The ABC-02 study used 8 cycles of PC as standard with treatment stopped even in the absence of disease progression, but some patients may benefit from continuing PC longer than 8 cycles.
CitationLong term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer. 2017, 8 (2):352-360 J Gastrointest Oncol
JournalJournal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Gemcitabine-based versus fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy with or without platinum in unresectable biliary tract cancer: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Kim MJ, Oh DY, Lee SH, Kim DW, Im SA, Kim TY, Heo DS, Bang YJ
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 18
- Advanced biliary tract cancer: clinical outcomes with ABC-02 regimen and analysis of prognostic factors in a tertiary care center in the United States.
- Authors: Agarwal R, Sendilnathan A, Siddiqi NI, Gulati S, Ghose A, Xie C, Olowokure OO
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Fluoropyrimidines plus cisplatin versus gemcitabine/gemcitabine plus cisplatin in locally advanced and metastatic biliary tract carcinoma - a retrospective study.
- Authors: Croitoru A, Gramaticu I, Dinu I, Gheorghe L, Alexandrescu S, Buica F, Luca I, Becheanu G, Herlea V, Simionov I, Hrehoret D, Lupescu I, Popescu I, Diculescu M
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Irinotecan Plus Gemcitabine and Fluorouracil in Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer: A Retrospective Study.
- Authors: Endlicher E, Schnoy E, Troppmann M, Rogler G, Messmann H, Klebl F, Gelbmann C, Kullmann F
- Issue date: 2016
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine for advanced biliary tract cancer: a meta-analysis of two randomised trials.
- Authors: Valle JW, Furuse J, Jitlal M, Beare S, Mizuno N, Wasan H, Bridgewater J, Okusaka T
- Issue date: 2014 Feb