Long term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer.
McNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with advanced biliary tract cancer (BTC) are often treated with palliative chemotherapy (PC). Standard PC since 2010 is a cisplatin/gemcitabine doublet, with median overall survival (OS) of 11.7 months from the ABC-02 trial. Prior to this, our institutional standard was gemcitabine and fluoropyrimidine. The ABC-02 study used 8 cycles of PC as standard with treatment stopped even in the absence of disease progression, but some patients may benefit from continuing PC longer than 8 cycles.
CitationLong term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer. 2017, 8 (2):352-360 J Gastrointest Oncol
JournalJournal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Advanced biliary tract cancer: clinical outcomes with ABC-02 regimen and analysis of prognostic factors in a tertiary care center in the United States.
- Authors: Agarwal R, Sendilnathan A, Siddiqi NI, Gulati S, Ghose A, Xie C, Olowokure OO
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Comparison of the Efficacy between Gemcitabine-Cisplatin and Capecitabine-Cisplatin Combination Chemotherapy for Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer.
- Authors: Lee J, Hong TH, Lee IS, You YK, Lee MA
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Phase II study of capecitabine and cisplatin in previously untreated advanced biliary tract cancer.
- Authors: Hong YS, Lee J, Lee SC, Hwang IG, Choi SH, Heo JS, Park JO, Park YS, Lim HY, Kang WK
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Comparison of FOLFIRINOX Chemotherapy with Other Regimens in Patients with Biliary Tract Cancers: a Retrospective Study.
- Authors: Kus T, Aktas G, Kalender ME, Sevinc A, Camci C
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- FOLFIRI as second-line treatment of metastatic biliary tract cancer patients.
- Authors: Caparica R, Lengelé A, Bekolo W, Hendlisz A
- Issue date: 2019 Apr-Jun