Long term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer.
McNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with advanced biliary tract cancer (BTC) are often treated with palliative chemotherapy (PC). Standard PC since 2010 is a cisplatin/gemcitabine doublet, with median overall survival (OS) of 11.7 months from the ABC-02 trial. Prior to this, our institutional standard was gemcitabine and fluoropyrimidine. The ABC-02 study used 8 cycles of PC as standard with treatment stopped even in the absence of disease progression, but some patients may benefit from continuing PC longer than 8 cycles.
CitationLong term responders to palliative chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract cancer. 2017, 8 (2):352-360 J Gastrointest Oncol
JournalJournal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Translating the ABC-02 trial into daily practice: outcome of palliative treatment in patients with unresectable biliary tract cancer treated with gemcitabine and cisplatin.
- Authors: Dierks J, Gaspersz MP, Belkouz A, van Vugt JLA, Coelen RJS, de Groot JWB, Ten Tije AJ, Meijer WG, Pruijt JFM, van Voorthuizen T, van Spronsen DJ, Rentinck M, Ten Oever D, Smit JM, Otten HM, van Gulik TM, Wilmink JW, Groot Koerkamp B, Klümpen H
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Gemcitabine-based versus fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy with or without platinum in unresectable biliary tract cancer: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Kim MJ, Oh DY, Lee SH, Kim DW, Im SA, Kim TY, Heo DS, Bang YJ
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 18
- Advanced biliary tract cancer: clinical outcomes with ABC-02 regimen and analysis of prognostic factors in a tertiary care center in the United States.
- Authors: Agarwal R, Sendilnathan A, Siddiqi NI, Gulati S, Ghose A, Xie C, Olowokure OO
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Fluoropyrimidines plus cisplatin versus gemcitabine/gemcitabine plus cisplatin in locally advanced and metastatic biliary tract carcinoma - a retrospective study.
- Authors: Croitoru A, Gramaticu I, Dinu I, Gheorghe L, Alexandrescu S, Buica F, Luca I, Becheanu G, Herlea V, Simionov I, Hrehoret D, Lupescu I, Popescu I, Diculescu M
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Nal-IRI with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin or gemcitabine plus cisplatin in advanced biliary tract cancer - the NIFE trial (AIO-YMO HEP-0315) an open label, non-comparative, randomized, multicenter phase II study.
- Authors: Perkhofer L, Berger AW, Beutel AK, Gallmeier E, Angermeier S, Fischer von Weikersthal L, Goetze TO, Muche R, Seufferlein T, Ettrich TJ
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 23