Dexamethasone versus standard treatment for postoperative nausea and vomiting in gastrointestinal surgery: randomised controlled trial (DREAMS Trial)
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDexamethasone versus standard treatment for postoperative nausea and vomiting in gastrointestinal surgery: randomised controlled trial (DREAMS Trial) 2017:j1455 BMJ
- Dexamethasone reduces emesis after major gastrointestinal surgery (DREAMS).
- Authors: Hamilton E, Ravikumar R, Bartlett D, Hepburn E, Hwang MJ, Mirza N, Bahia SS, Wilkey A, Bodenham Chilton H, Handley K, Magill L, Morton D, West Midlands Research Collaborative.
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 12
- Metoclopramide, versus its combination with dexamethasone in the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a double-blind randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Ko-Iam W, Sandhu T, Paiboonworachat S, Pongchairerks P, Junrungsee S, Chotirosniramit A, Chotirosniramit N, Chandacham K, Jirapongcharoenlap T
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting by metoclopramide combined with dexamethasone: randomised double blind multicentre trial.
- Authors: Wallenborn J, Gelbrich G, Bulst D, Behrends K, Wallenborn H, Rohrbach A, Krause U, Kühnast T, Wiegel M, Olthoff D
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 12
- Dexamethasone plus ondansetron for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a comparison with dexamethasone alone.
- Authors: Bano F, Zafar S, Aftab S, Haider S
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Effect of dexamethasone on prevention of postoperative nausea, vomiting and pain after caesarean section: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial.
- Authors: Cardoso MM, Leite AO, Santos EA, Gozzani JL, Mathias LA
- Issue date: 2013 Mar