Systemic therapy in younger and elderly patients with advanced biliary cancer: sub-analysis of ABC-02 and twelve other prospective trials.
AuthorsMcNamara, Mairéad G
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationDivision of Molecular & Clinical Cancer Sciences, Institute of Cancer Sciences, The University of Manchester and The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutcomes in younger (<40 years) and elderly (≥70 years) patients with advanced biliary cancer (ABC) receiving palliative chemotherapy are unclear. This study assessed outcomes in those receiving monotherapy or combination therapy in thirteen prospective systemic-therapy trials.
CitationSystemic therapy in younger and elderly patients with advanced biliary cancer: sub-analysis of ABC-02 and twelve other prospective trials. 2017, 17(1): 262 BMC Cancer
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine in patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (ABC) and persistent jaundice despite optimal stenting: Effective intervention in patients with luminal disease.
- Authors: Lamarca A, Benafif S, Ross P, Bridgewater J, Valle JW
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Treatment outcomes of gemcitabine alone versus gemcitabine plus platinum for advanced biliary tract cancer: a Korean Cancer Study Group retrospective analysis.
- Authors: Hwang IG, Song HS, Lee MA, Nam EM, Lim J, Lee KH, Lee KT, Zang DY, Jang JS
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Gemcitabine-based versus fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy with or without platinum in unresectable biliary tract cancer: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Kim MJ, Oh DY, Lee SH, Kim DW, Im SA, Kim TY, Heo DS, Bang YJ
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 18
- Efficacy of fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy in patients with advanced biliary tract cancer after failure of gemcitabine plus cisplatin: retrospective analysis of 321 patients.
- Authors: Kim BJ, Yoo C, Kim KP, Hyung J, Park SJ, Ryoo BY, Chang HM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 28
- Cediranib or placebo in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine chemotherapy for patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (ABC-03): a randomised phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Valle JW, Wasan H, Lopes A, Backen AC, Palmer DH, Morris K, Duggan M, Cunningham D, Anthoney DA, Corrie P, Madhusudan S, Maraveyas A, Ross PJ, Waters JS, Steward WP, Rees C, Beare S, Dive C, Bridgewater JA
- Issue date: 2015 Aug