Challenges in enumeration of CTCs in breast cancer using techniques independent of cytokeratin expression.
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute; Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGiven the current postulated plasticity between epithelial and mesenchymal states of migratory cancer cells the detection of non-epithelial CTCs is an important scientific and clinical goal.
CitationChallenges in enumeration of CTCs in breast cancer using techniques independent of cytokeratin expression. 2017, 12 (4):e0175647 PLoS ONE
- A Novel Strategy for Detection and Enumeration of Circulating Rare Cell Populations in Metastatic Cancer Patients Using Automated Microfluidic Filtration and Multiplex Immunoassay.
- Authors: Magbanua MJ, Pugia M, Lee JS, Jabon M, Wang V, Gubens M, Marfurt K, Pence J, Sidhu H, Uzgiris A, Rugo HS, Park JW
- Issue date: 2015
- Analysis of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small cell lung cancer using epithelial marker-dependent and -independent approaches.
- Authors: Krebs MG, Hou JM, Sloane R, Lancashire L, Priest L, Nonaka D, Ward TH, Backen A, Clack G, Hughes A, Ranson M, Blackhall FH, Dive C
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Filtration based assessment of CTCs and CellSearch® based assessment are both powerful predictors of prognosis for metastatic breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Huebner H, Fasching PA, Gumbrecht W, Jud S, Rauh C, Matzas M, Paulicka P, Friedrich K, Lux MP, Volz B, Gass P, Häberle L, Meier-Stiegen F, Hartkopf A, Neubauer H, Almstedt K, Beckmann MW, Fehm TN, Ruebner M
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 20
- A novel method for downstream characterization of breast cancer circulating tumor cells following CellSearch isolation.
- Authors: Frithiof H, Welinder C, Larsson AM, Rydén L, Aaltonen K
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 21
- Analysis of the hormone receptor status of circulating tumor cell subpopulations based on epithelial-mesenchymal transition: a proof-of-principle study on the heterogeneity of circulating tumor cells.
- Authors: Guan X, Ma F, Liu S, Wu S, Xiao R, Yuan L, Sun X, Yi Z, Yang H, Xu B
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 4