AffiliationFaculty of Health Science, Medical Physics Department, University of Malta, Tal-Qroqq, MsidaMSD2090, Malta
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe aim of this study is to explore the use of a quality (Q) factor in digital mammography as a figure-of-merit. Q factors take a reference value into account and can be compared to a theoretical value. They are also intended to summarise the performance of any unit based on a number. The mean glandular dose (MGD)-normalised Q factors were also introduced based on the relationship of the Q factors with MGD. Interestingly, the automatic exposure control exposures did not render the maximum normalised Q factor values as expected, which could indicate the need for further optimisation. It was also noted that the Q factors and the CDMAM-related quality parameters can be confidently predicted for a given MGD which in turn may be compared to the measured values. This might be another way to consider or perform optimisation in digital mammography.
CitationAlternative figures-of-merit in digital mammography. 2017, 1-12 Radiat Prot Dosimetry
JournalRadiation Protection Dosimetry
- Optimization of Image Quality and Dose in Digital Mammography.
- Authors: Fausto AM, Lopes MC, de Sousa MC, Furquim TA, Mol AW, Velasco FG
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Optimization of the exposure parameters in digital mammography using contrast-detail metrics.
- Authors: Rojas LJ, Fausto AMF, Mol AW, Velasco FG, Abreu POS, Henriques G, Furquim TAC
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Applicability of ACR breast dosimetry methodology to a digital mammography system.
- Authors: Tomon JJ, Johnson TE, Swenson KN, Schauer DA
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Image quality, threshold contrast and mean glandular dose in CR mammography.
- Authors: Jakubiak RR, Gamba HR, Neves EB, Peixoto JE
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 21
- Analysis of digital image quality indexes for CIRS SP01 and CDMAM 3.4 mammographic phantoms.
- Authors: Mayo P, Rodenas F, Verdú G, Campayo JM, Villaescusa JI
- Issue date: 2008