Osimertinib in Pretreated T790M-Positive Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: AURA Study Phase II Extension Component.
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationNational Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPurpose Osimertinib is an irreversible epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) selective for both EGFR-TKI sensitizing ( EGFRm) and T790M resistance mutations. AURA (NCT01802632) is a phase I/II clinical trial to determine the dose, safety, and efficacy of osimertinib. This article reports the results from the phase II extension component. Patients and Methods Patients with EGFR-TKI-pretreated EGFRm- and T790M-positive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) received once-daily osimertinib 80 mg. T790M status was confirmed by central testing from a tumor sample taken after the most recent disease progression. Patients with asymptomatic, stable CNS metastases that did not require corticosteroids were allowed to enroll. The primary end point was objective response rate (ORR) by independent radiology assessment. Secondary end points were disease control rate, duration of response, progression-free survival (PFS), and safety. Patient-reported outcomes comprised an exploratory objective. Results In total, 201 patients received treatment, with a median treatment duration of 13.2 months at the time of data cutoff (November 1, 2015). In evaluable patients (n = 198), ORR was 62% (95% CI, 54% to 68%), and the disease control rate was 90% (95% CI, 85 to 94). Median duration of response in 122 responding patients was 15.2 months (95% CI, 11.3 to not calculable). Median PFS was 12.3 months (95% CI, 9.5 to 13.8). The most common possibly causally related adverse events (investigator assessed) were diarrhea (43%; grade ≥ 3, < 1%) and rash (grouped terms; 40%; grade ≥ 3, < 1%). Interstitial lung disease (grouped terms) was reported in eight patients (4%; grade 1, n = 2; grade 3, n = 3; grade 5, n = 3). Conclusion In patients with EGFRm T790M advanced NSCLC who progress after EGFR-TKI treatment, osimertinib provides a high ORR, encouraging PFS, and durable response.
CitationOsimertinib in Pretreated T790M-Positive Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: AURA Study Phase II Extension Component. 2017:JCO2016703223 J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Osimertinib in patients with epidermal growth factor receptor T790M advanced non-small cell lung cancer selected using cytology samples.
- Authors: Kiura K, Yoh K, Katakami N, Nogami N, Kasahara K, Takahashi T, Okamoto I, Cantarini M, Hodge R, Uchida H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Osimertinib As First-Line Treatment of EGFR Mutation-Positive Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Ramalingam SS, Yang JC, Lee CK, Kurata T, Kim DW, John T, Nogami N, Ohe Y, Mann H, Rukazenkov Y, Ghiorghiu S, Stetson D, Markovets A, Barrett JC, Thress KS, Jänne PA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 20
- Osimertinib in Patients with T790M-Positive Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Korean Subgroup Analysis from Phase II Studies.
- Authors: Ahn MJ, Han JY, Kim DW, Cho BC, Kang JH, Kim SW, Yang JC, Mitsudomi T, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Osimertinib in patients with T790M mutation-positive, advanced non-small cell lung cancer: Long-term follow-up from a pooled analysis of 2 phase 2 studies.
- Authors: Ahn MJ, Tsai CM, Shepherd FA, Bazhenova L, Sequist LV, Hida T, Yang JCH, Ramalingam SS, Mitsudomi T, Jänne PA, Mann H, Cantarini M, Goss G
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 15
- Osimertinib in Untreated EGFR-Mutated Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Soria JC, Ohe Y, Vansteenkiste J, Reungwetwattana T, Chewaskulyong B, Lee KH, Dechaphunkul A, Imamura F, Nogami N, Kurata T, Okamoto I, Zhou C, Cho BC, Cheng Y, Cho EK, Voon PJ, Planchard D, Su WC, Gray JE, Lee SM, Hodge R, Marotti M, Rukazenkov Y, Ramalingam SS, FLAURA Investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 11