Implementation of the Needs Assessment Tool for patients with interstitial lung disease (NAT:ILD): facilitators and barriers.
Johnson, M J
AffiliationHull York Medical School, University of Hull, Hull, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Needs Assessment Tool (NAT) was developed previously to help clinicians identify the supportive/palliative needs of people with interstitial lung disease (ILD) (NAT:ILD). This letter presents barriers and facilitators to clinical implementation. Data from (1) a focus group of respiratory clinicians and (2) an expert consensus group (respiratory and palliative clinicians, academics, patients, carers) were analysed using Framework Analysis. Barriers related to resources and service reconfiguration, and facilitators to clinical need, structure, objectiveness, flexibility and benefits of an 'aide-memoire'. Identified training needs included communication skills and local service knowledge. The NAT:ILD was seen as useful, necessary and practical in everyday practice.
CitationImplementation of the Needs Assessment Tool for patients with interstitial lung disease (NAT:ILD): facilitators and barriers. 2017 Thorax
- The Adaptation, Face, and Content Validation of a Needs Assessment Tool: Progressive Disease for People with Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Authors: Boland JW, Reigada C, Yorke J, Hart SP, Bajwah S, Ross J, Wells A, Papadopoulos A, Currow DC, Grande G, Macleod U, Johnson MJ
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Psychometric validation of the needs assessment tool: progressive disease in interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Johnson MJ, Jamali A, Ross J, Fairhurst C, Boland J, Reigada C, Hart SP, Grande G, Currow DC, Wells AU, Bajwah S, Papadopoulos T, Bland JM, Yorke J
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Development of tools to facilitate palliative and supportive care referral for patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Authors: Sharp C, Lamb H, Jordan N, Edwards A, Gunary R, Meek P, Millar AB, Kendall C, Adamali H
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Palliative care and interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Bajwah S, Yorke J
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Timely recognition of palliative care needs of patients with advanced chronic heart failure: a pilot study of a Dutch translation of the Needs Assessment Tool: Progressive Disease - Heart Failure (NAT:PD-HF).
- Authors: Janssen DJ, Boyne J, Currow DC, Schols JM, Johnson MJ, La Rocca HB
- Issue date: 2019 Jun