Implementation of the Needs Assessment Tool for patients with interstitial lung disease (NAT:ILD): facilitators and barriers.
Johnson, M J
AffiliationHull York Medical School, University of Hull, Hull, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Needs Assessment Tool (NAT) was developed previously to help clinicians identify the supportive/palliative needs of people with interstitial lung disease (ILD) (NAT:ILD). This letter presents barriers and facilitators to clinical implementation. Data from (1) a focus group of respiratory clinicians and (2) an expert consensus group (respiratory and palliative clinicians, academics, patients, carers) were analysed using Framework Analysis. Barriers related to resources and service reconfiguration, and facilitators to clinical need, structure, objectiveness, flexibility and benefits of an 'aide-memoire'. Identified training needs included communication skills and local service knowledge. The NAT:ILD was seen as useful, necessary and practical in everyday practice.
CitationImplementation of the Needs Assessment Tool for patients with interstitial lung disease (NAT:ILD): facilitators and barriers. 2017 Thorax
- The Adaptation, Face, and Content Validation of a Needs Assessment Tool: Progressive Disease for People with Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Authors: Boland JW, Reigada C, Yorke J, Hart SP, Bajwah S, Ross J, Wells A, Papadopoulos A, Currow DC, Grande G, Macleod U, Johnson MJ
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Psychometric validation of the needs assessment tool: progressive disease in interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Johnson MJ, Jamali A, Ross J, Fairhurst C, Boland J, Reigada C, Hart SP, Grande G, Currow DC, Wells AU, Bajwah S, Papadopoulos T, Bland JM, Yorke J
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Palliative care and interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Bajwah S, Yorke J
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- 'I wish I knew more ...' the end-of-life planning and information needs for end-stage fibrotic interstitial lung disease: views of patients, carers and health professionals.
- Authors: Bajwah S, Koffman J, Higginson IJ, Ross JR, Wells AU, Birring SS, Riley J
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Palliative care for people with non-malignant lung disease: summary of current evidence and future direction.
- Authors: Boland J, Martin J, Wells AU, Ross JR
- Issue date: 2013 Oct