Preparation of protein extracts from Schizosaccharomyces pombe using trichloroacetic acid precipitation.
AffiliationAgnes.Grallert@cruk.manchester.ac.uk Iain.Hagan@cruk.manchester.ac.ukCRUK Cell Division Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSchizosaccharomyces pombe is an attractive model organism with which to study core principles of conserved molecular cell biology processes. The ability to monitor protein behavior following separation by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) underpins much of this activity. Here we describe a robust protocol for the preparation of protein samples for analysis by SDS-PAGE.
CitationPreparation of protein extracts from Schizosaccharomyces pombe using trichloroacetic acid precipitation. 2017, Cold Spring Harb Protoc
JournalCold Spring Harbor Protocols
- Large-Scale Immunoprecipitation from Fission Yeast Cell Extracts.
- Authors: Grallert A, Hagan IM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- Extraction and rapid inactivation of proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae by trichloroacetic acid precipitation.
- Authors: Wright AP, Bruns M, Hartley BS
- Issue date: 1989 Jan-Feb
- TCA precipitation.
- Authors: Koontz L
- Issue date: 2014
- Purification of native Argonaute complexes from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Authors: Buker SM, Motamedi MR
- Issue date: 2011
- A fission yeast gene encoding a protein that preferentially associates with curved DNA.
- Authors: Yamada H, Mori H, Momoi H, Nakagawa Y, Ueguchi C, Mizuno T
- Issue date: 1994 Jul