VICTOR: vinflunine in advanced metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: a retrospective analysis of the use of vinflunine in multi-centre real life setting as second line chemotherapy through Free of Charge Programme for patients in the UK and Ireland.
Wylie, James P
AffiliationUniversity of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is no standard of care in the UK or Ireland for second-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma (TCCU). Vinflunine is approved for TCCU patients who have failed a platinum-based regimen, and is standard of care in Europe but is not routinely available in the UK. Data were collected retrospectively on patients who received vinfluine as a second-line treatment. The aims were to document the toxicity and efficacy in a real life setting. Data were collected on 49 patients from 9 sites across the UK and Ireland [median age, 64 (IQR, 57-70) years, 33 males]. All patients had advanced metastatic TCCU. Thirteen patients had bone or liver metastases, 4 patients had PS 2 and 11 patients had HB <10. Median vinflunine administration was 3.5 cycles (range 1-18). Most common grade 3-4 toxicities were constipation (4 patients) and fatigue (3 patients). Partial response rate was 29% (14 PR, 11 SD, 19 PD, 4 NE, 1 not available). Median OS was 9.1 (6.0, 12.7) months. Results are consistent with real life data from Europe. Toxicity is further reduced with prophylactic laxative and oral antibiotics. Vinflunine is an efficient and tolerable second line treatment in advanced TCCU.
CitationVICTOR: vinflunine in advanced metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: a retrospective analysis of the use of vinflunine in multi-centre real life setting as second line chemotherapy through Free of Charge Programme for patients in the UK and Ireland. 2017, 50(3):768-772 Int J Oncol
JournalInternational Journal of Oncology
- Real-life clinical practice results with vinflunine in patients with relapsed platinum-treated metastatic urothelial carcinoma: an Italian multicenter study (MOVIE-GOIRC 01-2014).
- Authors: Passalacqua R, Lazzarelli S, Donini M, Montironi R, Tambaro R, De Giorgi U, Pignata S, Palumbo R, Ceresoli GL, Del Conte G, Tonini G, Morelli F, Nolè F, Panni S, Rondini E, Guida A, Zucali PA, Doni L, Iezzi E, Caminiti C
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 19
- Safety and effectiveness of vinflunine in patients with metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract after failure of one platinum-based systemic therapy in clinical practice.
- Authors: Castellano D, Puente J, de Velasco G, Chirivella I, López-Criado P, Mohedano N, Fernández O, García-Carbonero I, González MB, Grande E
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 24
- Safety of Vinflunine in Patients with Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma Refractory to Platinum-based Chemotherapy: A Prospective Pilot Study.
- Authors: Abdel-Malek R, Shohdy KS, Abbas N, Ismail M, Hamada E, Abdel-Kader Y
- Issue date: 2019
- Optimisation of the size variation threshold for imaging evaluation of response in patients with platinum-refractory advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium treated with vinflunine.
- Authors: Krajewski KM, Fougeray R, Bellmunt J, Pons F, Schutz FA, Rosenberg JE, Salhi Y, Choueiri TK
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Vinflunine in Advanced Transitional Cell Cancer of the Urothelial Tract: A Potential Option for Maintenance Therapy? A Case Series.
- Authors: Palumbo R, Licata L, Sottotetti F, Tagliaferri B, Pozzi E, Teragni C, Quaquarini E, Bernardo A
- Issue date: 2018