VICTOR: vinflunine in advanced metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: a retrospective analysis of the use of vinflunine in multi-centre real life setting as second line chemotherapy through Free of Charge Programme for patients in the UK and Ireland.
Wylie, James P
AffiliationUniversity of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is no standard of care in the UK or Ireland for second-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma (TCCU). Vinflunine is approved for TCCU patients who have failed a platinum-based regimen, and is standard of care in Europe but is not routinely available in the UK. Data were collected retrospectively on patients who received vinfluine as a second-line treatment. The aims were to document the toxicity and efficacy in a real life setting. Data were collected on 49 patients from 9 sites across the UK and Ireland [median age, 64 (IQR, 57-70) years, 33 males]. All patients had advanced metastatic TCCU. Thirteen patients had bone or liver metastases, 4 patients had PS 2 and 11 patients had HB <10. Median vinflunine administration was 3.5 cycles (range 1-18). Most common grade 3-4 toxicities were constipation (4 patients) and fatigue (3 patients). Partial response rate was 29% (14 PR, 11 SD, 19 PD, 4 NE, 1 not available). Median OS was 9.1 (6.0, 12.7) months. Results are consistent with real life data from Europe. Toxicity is further reduced with prophylactic laxative and oral antibiotics. Vinflunine is an efficient and tolerable second line treatment in advanced TCCU.
CitationVICTOR: vinflunine in advanced metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: a retrospective analysis of the use of vinflunine in multi-centre real life setting as second line chemotherapy through Free of Charge Programme for patients in the UK and Ireland. 2017, 50(3):768-772 Int J Oncol
JournalInternational Journal of Oncology
- Real-life clinical practice results with vinflunine in patients with relapsed platinum-treated metastatic urothelial carcinoma: an Italian multicenter study (MOVIE-GOIRC 01-2014).
- Authors: Passalacqua R, Lazzarelli S, Donini M, Montironi R, Tambaro R, De Giorgi U, Pignata S, Palumbo R, Ceresoli GL, Del Conte G, Tonini G, Morelli F, Nolè F, Panni S, Rondini E, Guida A, Zucali PA, Doni L, Iezzi E, Caminiti C
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 19
- The first Slovak experience with second-line vinflunine in advanced urothelial carcinomas.
- Authors: Palacka P, Mego M, Obertova J, Chovanec M, Sycova-Mila Z, Mardiak J
- Issue date: 2014
- Safety and effectiveness of vinflunine in patients with metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract after failure of one platinum-based systemic therapy in clinical practice.
- Authors: Castellano D, Puente J, de Velasco G, Chirivella I, López-Criado P, Mohedano N, Fernández O, García-Carbonero I, González MB, Grande E
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 24
- A randomized phase II/III study of cabazitaxel versus vinflunine in metastatic or locally advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium (SECAVIN).
- Authors: Bellmunt J, Kerst JM, Vázquez F, Morales-Barrera R, Grande E, Medina A, González Graguera MB, Rubio G, Anido U, Fernández Calvo O, González-Billalabeitia E, Van den Eertwegh AJM, Pujol E, Perez-Gracia JL, González Larriba JL, Collado R, Los M, Maciá S, De Wit R, SOGUG and DUOS.
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1
- Long-term survival results of a randomized phase III trial of vinflunine plus best supportive care versus best supportive care alone in advanced urothelial carcinoma patients after failure of platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Authors: Bellmunt J, Fougeray R, Rosenberg JE, von der Maase H, Schutz FA, Salhi Y, Culine S, Choueiri TK
- Issue date: 2013 Jun