Acute and late adverse events associated with radical radiation therapy prostate cancer treatment: a systematic review of clinician and patient toxicity reporting in randomized controlled trials.
Davidson, Susan E
Routledge, Jacqueline A
AffiliationPsychology Group, School of Social Sciences, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis review aimed to determine the clinician and patient reported outcome (PRO) instruments currently usedin randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of radical radiation therapy for nonmetastatic prostate cancer to report acute and late adverse events (AEs), review the quality of methodology and PRO reporting, and report the prevalence of acute and late AEs.
CitationAcute and late adverse events associated with radical radiation therapy prostate cancer treatment: a systematic review of clinician and patient toxicity reporting in randomized controlled trials. 2017, 97(3):495-510 Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics
- Systematic Review of Radiation Therapy Toxicity Reporting in Randomized Controlled Trials of Rectal Cancer: A Comparison of Patient-Reported Outcomes and Clinician Toxicity Reporting.
- Authors: Gilbert A, Ziegler L, Martland M, Davidson S, Efficace F, Sebag-Montefiore D, Velikova G
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Patient-reported outcome (PRO) questionnaires for men who have radical surgery for prostate cancer: a conceptual review of existing instruments.
- Authors: Protopapa E, van der Meulen J, Moore CM, Smith SC
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Harnessing the patient voice in prostate cancer research: Systematic review on the use of patient-reported outcomes in randomized controlled trials to support clinical decision-making.
- Authors: Van Hemelrijck M, Sparano F, Moris L, Beyer K, Cottone F, Sprangers M, Efficace F
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Reporting of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) data in oncology trials: a comparison of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life (EORTC QLQ-C30) and the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-General (FACT-G).
- Authors: Smith AB, Cocks K, Parry D, Taylor M
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Quality of patient-reported outcome reporting across cancer randomized controlled trials according to the CONSORT patient-reported outcome extension: A pooled analysis of 557 trials.
- Authors: Efficace F, Fayers P, Pusic A, Cemal Y, Yanagawa J, Jacobs M, la Sala A, Cafaro V, Whale K, Rees J, Blazeby J, European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality-of-Life Group (Patient-Reported Outcome Measurements Over Time in Oncology Registry).
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 15