Quantifying severe urinary complications after radical prostatectomy: the development and validation of a surgical performance indicator using hospital administrative data.
Clarke, Noel W
van der Meulen, J
AffiliationClinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeon of England, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo develop and validate a surgical performance indicator based on severe urinary complications that require an intervention within 2 years of radical prostatectomy (RP), identified in hospital administrative data.
CitationQuantifying severe urinary complications after radical prostatectomy: the development and validation of a surgical performance indicator using hospital administrative data. 2017, BJU Int
- National cohort study comparing severe medium-term urinary complications after robot-assisted vs laparoscopic vs retropubic open radical prostatectomy.
- Authors: Sujenthiran A, Nossiter J, Parry M, Charman SC, Aggarwal A, Payne H, Dasgupta P, Clarke NW, van der Meulen J, Cathcart P
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Perioperative outcomes of robot-assisted radical prostatectomy compared with open radical prostatectomy: results from the nationwide inpatient sample.
- Authors: Trinh QD, Sammon J, Sun M, Ravi P, Ghani KR, Bianchi M, Jeong W, Shariat SF, Hansen J, Schmitges J, Jeldres C, Rogers CG, Peabody JO, Montorsi F, Menon M, Karakiewicz PI
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Degree of preservation of the neurovascular bundles during radical prostatectomy and urinary continence 1 year after surgery.
- Authors: Steineck G, Bjartell A, Hugosson J, Axén E, Carlsson S, Stranne J, Wallerstedt A, Persson J, Wilderäng U, Thorsteinsdottir T, Gustafsson O, Lagerkvist M, Jiborn T, Haglind E, Wiklund P, LAPPRO steering committee.
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Use of Surgery for Post-Prostatectomy Incontinence.
- Authors: Nelson M, Dornbier R, Kirshenbaum E, Eguia E, Sweigert P, Baker M, Farooq A, McVary KT, Gonzalez CM, Gupta G, Bresler L
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Incidence of complications other than urinary incontinence or erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy for prostate cancer: a population-based cohort study.
- Authors: Nam RK, Cheung P, Herschorn S, Saskin R, Su J, Klotz LH, Chang M, Kulkarni GS, Lee Y, Kodama RT, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2014 Feb