Novel risk models for early detection and screening of ovarian cancer.
AffiliationStoller Biomarker Discovery Centre and Pathology Node, Division of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOvarian cancer (OC) is the most lethal gynaecological cancer. Early detection is required to improve patient survival. Risk estimation models were constructed for Type I (Model I) and Type II (Model II) OC from analysis of Protein Z, Fibronectin, C-reactive protein and CA125 levels in prospectively collected samples from the United Kingdom Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS).
CitationNovel risk models for early detection and screening of ovarian cancer. 2017, 8(1):785-797 Oncotarget
- A combined biomarker panel shows improved sensitivity for the early detection of ovarian cancer allowing the identification of the most aggressive type II tumours.
- Authors: Russell MR, Graham C, D'Amato A, Gentry-Maharaj A, Ryan A, Kalsi JK, Ainley C, Whetton AD, Menon U, Jacobs I, Graham RLJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 22
- Elevation of TP53 Autoantibody Before CA125 in Preclinical Invasive Epithelial Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Yang WL, Gentry-Maharaj A, Simmons A, Ryan A, Fourkala EO, Lu Z, Baggerly KA, Zhao Y, Lu KH, Bowtell D, Jacobs I, Skates SJ, He WW, Menon U, Bast RC Jr, AOCS Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 1
- Potential effect of the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm (ROCA) on the mortality outcome of the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) trial.
- Authors: Pinsky PF, Zhu C, Skates SJ, Black A, Partridge E, Buys SS, Berg CD
- Issue date: 2013 May 1
- Comparison of Longitudinal CA125 Algorithms as a First-Line Screen for Ovarian Cancer in the General Population.
- Authors: Blyuss O, Burnell M, Ryan A, Gentry-Maharaj A, Mariño IP, Kalsi J, Manchanda R, Timms JF, Parmar M, Skates SJ, Jacobs I, Zaikin A, Menon U
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 1
- Complementary Longitudinal Serum Biomarkers to CA125 for Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Simmons AR, Fourkala EO, Gentry-Maharaj A, Ryan A, Sutton MN, Baggerly K, Zheng H, Lu KH, Jacobs I, Skates S, Menon U, Bast RC Jr
- Issue date: 2019 Jun