Novel risk models for early detection and screening of ovarian cancer.
AffiliationStoller Biomarker Discovery Centre and Pathology Node, Division of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOvarian cancer (OC) is the most lethal gynaecological cancer. Early detection is required to improve patient survival. Risk estimation models were constructed for Type I (Model I) and Type II (Model II) OC from analysis of Protein Z, Fibronectin, C-reactive protein and CA125 levels in prospectively collected samples from the United Kingdom Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS).
CitationNovel risk models for early detection and screening of ovarian cancer. 2017, 8(1):785-797 Oncotarget
- A combined biomarker panel shows improved sensitivity for the early detection of ovarian cancer allowing the identification of the most aggressive type II tumours.
- Authors: Russell MR, Graham C, D'Amato A, Gentry-Maharaj A, Ryan A, Kalsi JK, Ainley C, Whetton AD, Menon U, Jacobs I, Graham RLJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 22
- Elevation of TP53 Autoantibody Before CA125 in Preclinical Invasive Epithelial Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Yang WL, Gentry-Maharaj A, Simmons A, Ryan A, Fourkala EO, Lu Z, Baggerly KA, Zhao Y, Lu KH, Bowtell D, Jacobs I, Skates SJ, He WW, Menon U, Bast RC Jr, AOCS Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 1
- Potential effect of the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm (ROCA) on the mortality outcome of the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) trial.
- Authors: Pinsky PF, Zhu C, Skates SJ, Black A, Partridge E, Buys SS, Berg CD
- Issue date: 2013 May 1
- Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer using the Risk of Ovarian Cancer Algorithm with Frequent CA125 Testing in Women at Increased Familial Risk - Combined Results from Two Screening Trials.
- Authors: Skates SJ, Greene MH, Buys SS, Mai PL, Brown P, Piedmonte M, Rodriguez G, Schorge JO, Sherman M, Daly MB, Rutherford T, Brewster WR, O'Malley DM, Partridge E, Boggess J, Drescher CW, Isaacs C, Berchuck A, Domchek S, Davidson SA, Edwards R, Elg SA, Wakeley K, Phillips KA, Armstrong D, Horowitz I, Fabian CJ, Walker J, Sluss PM, Welch W, Minasian L, Horick NK, Kasten CH, Nayfield S, Alberts D, Finkelstein DM, Lu KH
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 15
- Protein Z: A putative novel biomarker for early detection of ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Russell MR, Walker MJ, Williamson AJ, Gentry-Maharaj A, Ryan A, Kalsi J, Skates S, D'Amato A, Dive C, Pernemalm M, Humphryes PC, Fourkala EO, Whetton AD, Menon U, Jacobs I, Graham RL
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 15