Communicating our science to our customers: the vital role of passionate public advocacy.
AffiliationCommunicating our science to our customers: the vital role of passionate public advocacy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs scientists, we are comfortable communicating our work to our peers. However, communicating with equal passion to those outside our field is something we as a community often shy away from. This reticence has often been exploited by those wishing to present their own view of the science we practice. Herein, we urge the scientific community to actively re-engage with the general public, openly and creatively sharing our endeavors beyond these pages, in order to reconnect with the real consumers of the work we produce.
CitationCommunicating our science to our customers: the vital role of passionate public advocacy. 2016, 7(12):1010-1011 ACS Med Chem Lett
JournalACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Culture of Care: Organizational Responsibilities
- Authors: Brown MJ, Symonowicz C, Medina LV, Bratcher NA, Buckmaster CA, Klein H, Anderson LC, Weichbrod RH, Thompson GAH, Norton JN
- Issue date: 2018
- Science, policy advocacy, and marine protected areas.
- Authors: Gray NJ, Campbell LM
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Scientific networks on Twitter: Analyzing scientists' interactions in the climate change debate.
- Authors: Walter S, Lörcher I, Brüggemann M
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Communicating science in public controversies: Strategic considerations of the German climate scientists.
- Authors: Post S
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Communicating About Animal Research with the Public.
- Authors: MacArthur Clark J, Clifford P, Jarrett W, Pekow C
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 31