Absolute versus relative measures of plasma fatty acids and health outcomes: example of phospholipid omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and all-cause mortality in women.
AffiliationCancer and Population Studies Group, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, 300 Herston Road, Herston, Brisbane, QLD, 4006, Australia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn a well-characterised community-based prospective study, we aimed to systematically assess the differences in associations of plasma omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid (FA) status with all-cause mortality when plasma FA status is expressed in absolute concentrations versus relative levels.
CitationAbsolute versus relative measures of plasma fatty acids and health outcomes: example of phospholipid omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and all-cause mortality in women. 2016, Eur J Nutr
JournalEuropean Journal of Nutrition
- Circulating omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and total and cause-specific mortality: the Cardiovascular Health Study.
- Authors: Wu JH, Lemaitre RN, King IB, Song X, Psaty BM, Siscovick DS, Mozaffarian D
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 7
- Sex Differences in Omega-3 and -6 Fatty Acids and Health Status Among Young Adults With Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results From the VIRGO Study.
- Authors: Lu Y, Ding Q, Xu X, Spatz ES, Dreyer RP, D'Onofrio G, Caulfield M, Nasir K, Spertus JA, Krumholz HM
- Issue date: 2018 May 30
- Correlation of omega-3 levels in serum phospholipid from 2053 human blood samples with key fatty acid ratios.
- Authors: Holub BJ, Wlodek M, Rowe W, Piekarski J
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 24
- Circulating and dietary omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and incidence of CVD in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Authors: de Oliveira Otto MC, Wu JH, Baylin A, Vaidya D, Rich SS, Tsai MY, Jacobs DR Jr, Mozaffarian D
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 18
- Plasma fatty acid biomarkers are associated with gait speed in community-dwelling older adults: The Three-City-Bordeaux study.
- Authors: Frison E, Boirie Y, Peuchant E, Tabue-Teguo M, Barberger-Gateau P, Féart C
- Issue date: 2017 Apr