Randomized phase III trial of erlotinib versus docetaxel in patients with advanced squamous cell non-small cell lung cancer failing first-line platinum-based doublet chemotherapy stratified by Veristrat good versus Veristrat poor. The European thoracic oncology platform (ETOP) EMPHASIS-lung trial.
Ponce Aix, S
López Martín, A
van Heemst, R
Cobo Dols, M
Garde Noguera, J
van Henten, A
Juan Vidal, Ó
Palmero Sanchez, R
Villa Guzmán, J
Collado Martin, R
Summers, Yvonne J
de Hosson, S
van den Berg, P
Chittazhathu Kurian Kuruvilla, Y
AffiliationCentre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV), Lausanne, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDocetaxel and erlotinib are registered second-line treatments for wild-type EGFR NSCLC. Previous studies suggested a predictive value of the VeriStrat test in second-line therapy of NSCLC, classifying patients as either VeriStrat good or VeriStrat poor. EMPHASIS-lung aimed at exploring this predictive effect in patients with squamous cell NSCLC. The trial closed prematurely because of low accrual and results from other trials. Our analysis includes an exploratory combined analysis with results from the PROSE trial.
CitationRandomized phase III trial of erlotinib versus docetaxel in patients with advanced squamous cell non-small cell lung cancer failing first-line platinum-based doublet chemotherapy stratified by Veristrat good versus Veristrat poor. The European thoracic oncology platform (ETOP) EMPHASIS-lung trial. 2016, J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Value of KRAS as prognostic or predictive marker in NSCLC: results from the TAILOR trial.
- Authors: Rulli E, Marabese M, Torri V, Farina G, Veronese S, Bettini A, Longo F, Moscetti L, Ganzinelli M, Lauricella C, Copreni E, Labianca R, Martelli O, Marsoni S, Broggini M, Garassino MC, TAILOR trialists.
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Retrospective efficacy and safety analyses of erlotinib, pemetrexed, and docetaxel in EGFR-mutation-negative patients with previously treated advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Nishiyama A, Katakami N, Yoshioka H, Iwasaku M, Korogi Y, Hata A, Takeshita J, Otsuka K, Nishino K, Uchida J, Okuyama T, Namba Y, Mori M, Fujita S, Morita S
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- SWOG S0709: Randomized Phase II Trial of Erlotinib versus Erlotinib Plus Carboplatin/Paclitaxel in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Impaired Performance Status as Selected by a Serum Proteomics Assay.
- Authors: Lara PN Jr, Moon J, Hesketh PJ, Redman MW, Williamson SK, Akerley WL 3rd, Hirsch FR, Mack PC, Gandara DR
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- A retrospective analysis of VeriStrat status on outcome of a randomized phase II trial of first-line therapy with gemcitabine, erlotinib, or the combination in elderly patients (age 70 years or older) with stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Stinchcombe TE, Roder J, Peterman AH, Grigorieva J, Lee CB, Moore DT, Socinski MA
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Evaluation of the VeriStrat<sup>®</sup> serum protein test in patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the lung treated with second-line afatinib or erlotinib in the phase III LUX-Lung 8 study.
- Authors: Gadgeel S, Goss G, Soria JC, Felip E, Georgoulias V, Lu S, Cobo M, Syrigos K, Lee KH, Göker E, Guclu SZ, Isla D, Morabito A, Dupuis N, Bühnemann C, Krämer N, Solca F, Ehrnrooth E, Ardizzoni A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul