Randomized phase III trial of erlotinib versus docetaxel in patients with advanced squamous cell non-small cell lung cancer failing first-line platinum-based doublet chemotherapy stratified by Veristrat good versus Veristrat poor. The European thoracic oncology platform (ETOP) EMPHASIS-lung trial.
Ponce Aix, S
López Martín, A
van Heemst, R
Cobo Dols, M
Garde Noguera, J
van Henten, A
Juan Vidal, Ó
Palmero Sanchez, R
Villa Guzmán, J
Collado Martin, R
Summers, Yvonne J
de Hosson, S
van den Berg, P
Chittazhathu Kurian Kuruvilla, Y
AffiliationCentre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV), Lausanne, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDocetaxel and erlotinib are registered second-line treatments for wild-type EGFR NSCLC. Previous studies suggested a predictive value of the VeriStrat test in second-line therapy of NSCLC, classifying patients as either VeriStrat good or VeriStrat poor. EMPHASIS-lung aimed at exploring this predictive effect in patients with squamous cell NSCLC. The trial closed prematurely because of low accrual and results from other trials. Our analysis includes an exploratory combined analysis with results from the PROSE trial.
CitationRandomized phase III trial of erlotinib versus docetaxel in patients with advanced squamous cell non-small cell lung cancer failing first-line platinum-based doublet chemotherapy stratified by Veristrat good versus Veristrat poor. The European thoracic oncology platform (ETOP) EMPHASIS-lung trial. 2016, J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Retrospective Assessment of a Serum Proteomic Test in a Phase III Study Comparing Erlotinib plus Placebo with Erlotinib plus Tivantinib (MARQUEE) in Previously Treated Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Buttigliero C, Shepherd FA, Barlesi F, Schwartz B, Orlov S, Favaretto AG, Santoro A, Hirsh V, Ramlau R, Blackler AR, Roder J, Spigel D, Novello S, Akerley W, Scagliotti GV
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- The clinical role of VeriStrat testing in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer considered unfit for first-line platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Authors: Lee SM, Upadhyay S, Lewanski C, Falk S, Skailes G, Woll PJ, Hatton M, Lal R, Jones R, Toy E, Rudd R, Ngai Y, Edwards A, Hackshaw A
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Retrospective efficacy and safety analyses of erlotinib, pemetrexed, and docetaxel in EGFR-mutation-negative patients with previously treated advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Nishiyama A, Katakami N, Yoshioka H, Iwasaku M, Korogi Y, Hata A, Takeshita J, Otsuka K, Nishino K, Uchida J, Okuyama T, Namba Y, Mori M, Fujita S, Morita S
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Value of KRAS as prognostic or predictive marker in NSCLC: results from the TAILOR trial.
- Authors: Rulli E, Marabese M, Torri V, Farina G, Veronese S, Bettini A, Longo F, Moscetti L, Ganzinelli M, Lauricella C, Copreni E, Labianca R, Martelli O, Marsoni S, Broggini M, Garassino MC, TAILOR trialists.
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- SWOG S0709: Randomized Phase II Trial of Erlotinib versus Erlotinib Plus Carboplatin/Paclitaxel in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Impaired Performance Status as Selected by a Serum Proteomics Assay.
- Authors: Lara PN Jr, Moon J, Hesketh PJ, Redman MW, Williamson SK, Akerley WL 3rd, Hirsch FR, Mack PC, Gandara DR
- Issue date: 2016 Mar