Dose specification for hippocampal sparing whole brain radiotherapy (HS WBRT): considerations from the UK HIPPO trial QA programme.
AffiliationNational Radiotherapy Trials Quality Assurance Group (RTTQA), Mount Vernon Hospital, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe HIPPO trial is a UK randomised phase II trial of Hippocampal Sparing (HS) versus Conventional Whole Brain Radiotherapy after surgical resection or radiosurgery in favourable prognosis patients with 1-4 brain metastases. Each participating centre completed a planning benchmark case as part of the dedicated radiotherapy trials quality assurance programme (RTQA), promoting the safe and effective delivery of HS Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) in a multi-centre trial setting.
CitationDose specification for hippocampal sparing whole brain radiotherapy (HS WBRT): considerations from the UK HIPPO trial QA programme. 2017, 20160829 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Treatment planning strategy for whole-brain radiotherapy with hippocampal sparing and simultaneous integrated boost for multiple brain metastases using intensity-modulated arc therapy.
- Authors: Pokhrel D, Sood S, McClinton C, Shen X, Lominska C, Saleh H, Badkul R, Jiang H, Mitchell M, Wang F
- Issue date: 2016 Winter
- Potential for reduced radiation-induced toxicity using intensity-modulated arc therapy for whole-brain radiotherapy with hippocampal sparing.
- Authors: Pokhrel D, Sood S, Lominska C, Kumar P, Badkul R, Jiang H, Wang F
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 8
- Improved plan quality with automated radiotherapy planning for whole brain with hippocampus sparing: a comparison to the RTOG 0933 trial.
- Authors: Krayenbuehl J, Di Martino M, Guckenberger M, Andratschke N
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 2
- Quality assurance analysis of hippocampal avoidance in a melanoma whole brain radiotherapy randomized trial shows good compliance.
- Authors: Martinage G, Hong AM, Fay M, Thachil T, Roos D, Williams N, Lo S, Fogarty G
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 20
- Hippocampal Sparing Whole Brain Radiotherapy and Integrated Simultaneous Boost vs Stereotactic Radiosurgery Boost: A Comparative Dosimetric Planning Study.
- Authors: Cheah SK, Matthews T, Teh BS
- Issue date: 2016