Design of a biased potent small molecule inhibitor of the bromodomain and PHD finger-containing (BRPF) proteins suitable for cellular and in vivo studies.
Somervaille, Tim C P
AffiliationUCL School of Pharmacy, University College London , 29/39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe BRPF (bromodomain and PHD finger-containing) family are scaffolding proteins important for the recruitment of histone acetyltransferases of the MYST family to chromatin. Evaluation of the BRPF family as a potential drug target is at an early stage although there is an emerging understanding of a role in acute myeloid leukemia (AML). We report the optimization of fragment hit 5b to 13-d as a biased, potent inhibitor of the BRD of the BRPFs with excellent selectivity over nonclass IV BRD proteins. Evaluation of 13-d in a panel of cancer cell lines showed a selective inhibition of proliferation of a subset of AML lines. Pharmacokinetic studies established that 13-d had properties compatible with oral dosing in mouse models of disease (Fpo 49%). We propose that NI-42 (13-d) is a new chemical probe for the BRPFs suitable for cellular and in vivo studies to explore the fundamental biology of these proteins.
CitationDesign of a biased potent small molecule inhibitor of the bromodomain andPHD finger-containing (BRPF) proteins suitable for cellular and in vivo studies. 2017, J Med Chem
JournalJournal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Design of a Chemical Probe for the Bromodomain and Plant Homeodomain Finger-Containing (BRPF) Family of Proteins.
- Authors: Igoe N, Bayle ED, Tallant C, Fedorov O, Meier JC, Savitsky P, Rogers C, Morias Y, Scholze S, Boyd H, Cunoosamy D, Andrews DM, Cheasty A, Brennan PE, Müller S, Knapp S, Fish PV
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 24
- Development of small molecule inhibitors of BRPF1 and TRIM24 bromodomains.
- Authors: Palmer WS
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of dual targeting inhibitors of histone deacetylase 6/8 and bromodomain BRPF1.
- Authors: Ghazy E, Zeyen P, Herp D, Hügle M, Schmidtkunz K, Erdmann F, Robaa D, Schmidt M, Morales ER, Romier C, Günther S, Jung M, Sippl W
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 15
- Discovery of a Chemical Tool Inhibitor Targeting the Bromodomains of TRIM24 and BRPF.
- Authors: Bennett J, Fedorov O, Tallant C, Monteiro O, Meier J, Gamble V, Savitsky P, Nunez-Alonso GA, Haendler B, Rogers C, Brennan PE, Müller S, Knapp S
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 25
- Structure-Guided Design of IACS-9571, a Selective High-Affinity Dual TRIM24-BRPF1 Bromodomain Inhibitor.
- Authors: Palmer WS, Poncet-Montange G, Liu G, Petrocchi A, Reyna N, Subramanian G, Theroff J, Yau A, Kost-Alimova M, Bardenhagen JP, Leo E, Shepard HE, Tieu TN, Shi X, Zhan Y, Zhao S, Barton MC, Draetta G, Toniatti C, Jones P, Geck Do M, Andersen JN
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 25