Does clinical trial participation improve outcomes in patients with ovarian cancer?
Machin, J D
Mitchell, Claire L
Clamp, Andrew R
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UKThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTreatment on a clinical trial is considered to be beneficial to oncology patients. However, supportive evidence for this is scarce. Trial effect describes the phenomenon of improved health outcomes in patients treated with standard of care (SOC) on trial compared to those receiving SOC outside of a clinical trial. We evaluated trial effect in patients with ovarian cancer treated at our tertiary cancer centre.
CitationDoes clinical trial participation improve outcomes in patients with ovarian cancer? 2016, 1(4):e000057 ESMO Open
- Progression-free and overall survival in ovarian cancer patients treated with CVac, a mucin 1 dendritic cell therapy in a randomized phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Gray HJ, Benigno B, Berek J, Chang J, Mason J, Mileshkin L, Mitchell P, Moradi M, Recio FO, Michener CM, Secord AA, Tchabo NE, Chan JK, Young J, Kohrt H, Gargosky SE, Goh JC
- Issue date: 2016
- Nadir CA-125 level as prognosis indicator of high-grade serous ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Xu X, Wang Y, Wang F, Jia L, Zhou Y, Deng F, Qu J, Zhou B, Meng A, Fu B, Chen X, Qian Z, Wang J
- Issue date: 2013
- Randomized phase III trial of topotecan following carboplatin and paclitaxel in first-line treatment of advanced ovarian cancer: a gynecologic cancer intergroup trial of the AGO-OVAR and GINECO.
- Authors: Pfisterer J, Weber B, Reuss A, Kimmig R, du Bois A, Wagner U, Bourgeois H, Meier W, Costa S, Blohmer JU, Lortholary A, Olbricht S, Stähle A, Jackisch C, Hardy-Bessard AC, Möbus V, Quaas J, Richter B, Schröder W, Geay JF, Lück HJ, Kuhn W, Meden H, Nitz U, Pujade-Lauraine E, AGO-OVAR., GINECO.
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 2
- Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy and surgical staging in early-stage ovarian carcinoma: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Adjuvant ChemoTherapy in Ovarian Neoplasm trial.
- Authors: Trimbos JB, Vergote I, Bolis G, Vermorken JB, Mangioni C, Madronal C, Franchi M, Tateo S, Zanetta G, Scarfone G, Giurgea L, Timmers P, Coens C, Pecorelli S, EORTC-ACTION collaborators. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Adjuvant ChemoTherapy in Ovarian Neoplasm.
- Issue date: 2003 Jan 15
- Bevacizumab for Ovarian Cancer at High Risk of Progression: Reproducibility of Trial Results in 'Real-world' Patients.
- Authors: Bertelli G, Drews F, Lutchman-Singh K
- Issue date: 2016 Sep