Does clinical trial participation improve outcomes in patients with ovarian cancer?
Machin, J D
Mitchell, Claire L
Clamp, Andrew R
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UKThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTreatment on a clinical trial is considered to be beneficial to oncology patients. However, supportive evidence for this is scarce. Trial effect describes the phenomenon of improved health outcomes in patients treated with standard of care (SOC) on trial compared to those receiving SOC outside of a clinical trial. We evaluated trial effect in patients with ovarian cancer treated at our tertiary cancer centre.
CitationDoes clinical trial participation improve outcomes in patients with ovarian cancer? 2016, 1(4):e000057 ESMO Open
- Progression-free and overall survival in ovarian cancer patients treated with CVac, a mucin 1 dendritic cell therapy in a randomized phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Gray HJ, Benigno B, Berek J, Chang J, Mason J, Mileshkin L, Mitchell P, Moradi M, Recio FO, Michener CM, Secord AA, Tchabo NE, Chan JK, Young J, Kohrt H, Gargosky SE, Goh JC
- Issue date: 2016
- Standard chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab for women with newly diagnosed ovarian cancer (ICON7): overall survival results of a phase 3 randomised trial.
- Authors: Oza AM, Cook AD, Pfisterer J, Embleton A, Ledermann JA, Pujade-Lauraine E, Kristensen G, Carey MS, Beale P, Cervantes A, Park-Simon TW, Rustin G, Joly F, Mirza MR, Plante M, Quinn M, Poveda A, Jayson GC, Stark D, Swart AM, Farrelly L, Kaplan R, Parmar MK, Perren TJ, ICON7 trial investigators.
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Addition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage, platform randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: James ND, Sydes MR, Clarke NW, Mason MD, Dearnaley DP, Spears MR, Ritchie AW, Parker CC, Russell JM, Attard G, de Bono J, Cross W, Jones RJ, Thalmann G, Amos C, Matheson D, Millman R, Alzouebi M, Beesley S, Birtle AJ, Brock S, Cathomas R, Chakraborti P, Chowdhury S, Cook A, Elliott T, Gale J, Gibbs S, Graham JD, Hetherington J, Hughes R, Laing R, McKinna F, McLaren DB, O'Sullivan JM, Parikh O, Peedell C, Protheroe A, Robinson AJ, Srihari N, Srinivasan R, Staffurth J, Sundar S, Tolan S, Tsang D, Wagstaff J, Parmar MK, STAMPEDE investigators.
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 19
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy versus debulking surgery in advanced tubo-ovarian cancers: pooled analysis of individual patient data from the EORTC 55971 and CHORUS trials.
- Authors: Vergote I, Coens C, Nankivell M, Kristensen GB, Parmar MKB, Ehlen T, Jayson GC, Johnson N, Swart AM, Verheijen R, McCluggage WG, Perren T, Panici PB, Kenter G, Casado A, Mendiola C, Stuart G, Reed NS, Kehoe S, EORTC., MRC CHORUS study investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Chemotherapy alone versus chemotherapy plus radiotherapy for adults with early stage Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Authors: Blank O, von Tresckow B, Monsef I, Specht L, Engert A, Skoetz N
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 27