The iBRA-2 (immediate breast reconstruction and adjuvant therapy audit) study: protocol for a prospective national multicentre cohort study to evaluate the impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the delivery of adjuvant therapy.
O'Brien, Ciara S
AffiliationNightingale Breast Unit, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmediate breast reconstruction (IBR) is routinely offered to improve quality of life for women with breast cancer requiring a mastectomy, but there are concerns that more complex surgery may delay the delivery of adjuvant oncological treatments and compromise long-term oncological outcomes. High-quality evidence, however, is lacking. iBRA-2 is a national prospective multicentre cohort study that aims to investigate the effect of IBR on the delivery of adjuvant therapy.
CitationThe iBRA-2 (immediate breast reconstruction and adjuvant therapy audit) study: protocol for a prospective national multicentre cohort study to evaluate the impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the delivery of adjuvant therapy. 2016, 6 (10):e012678 BMJ Open
- The impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the time to delivery of adjuvant therapy: the iBRA-2 study.
- Authors: O'Connell RL, Rattay T, Dave RV, Trickey A, Skillman J, Barnes NLP, Gardiner M, Harnett A, Potter S, Holcombe C, iBRA-2 Steering Group., Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative.
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- The TeaM (<i>T</i>h<i>e</i>r<i>a</i>peutic <i>M</i>ammaplasty) study: Protocol for a prospective multi-centre cohort study to evaluate the practice and outcomes of therapeutic mammaplasty.
- Authors: Baker E, Kim B, Rattay T, Williams K, Ives C, Remoundos D, Holcombe C, Gardiner MD, Jain A, Sutton R, Achuthan R, Turton P, Fairbrother P, Brock L, Aggarwal S, Basu N, Murphy J, Trickey A, Macmillan RD, Potter S, TeaM Steering Group., Mammary Fold Academic and Research Collaborative.
- Issue date: 2016
- Current attitudes to breast reconstruction surgery for women at risk of post-mastectomy radiotherapy: A survey of UK breast surgeons.
- Authors: Duxbury PJ, Gandhi A, Kirwan CC, Jain Y, Harvey JR
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- New concept for immediate breast reconstruction for invasive cancers: feasibility, oncological safety and esthetic outcome of post-neoadjuvant therapy immediate breast reconstruction versus delayed breast reconstruction: a prospective pilot study.
- Authors: Giacalone PL, Rathat G, Daures JP, Benos P, Azria D, Rouleau C
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- The Pre-BRA (pre-pectoral Breast Reconstruction EvAluation) feasibility study: protocol for a mixed-methods IDEAL 2a/2b prospective cohort study to determine the safety and effectiveness of prepectoral implant-based breast reconstruction.
- Authors: Harvey KL, Mills N, White P, Holcombe C, Potter S, Pre-BRA Feasibility Study Steering Group.
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 26