The iBRA-2 (immediate breast reconstruction and adjuvant therapy audit) study: protocol for a prospective national multicentre cohort study to evaluate the impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the delivery of adjuvant therapy.
O'Brien, Ciara S
AffiliationNightingale Breast Unit, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmediate breast reconstruction (IBR) is routinely offered to improve quality of life for women with breast cancer requiring a mastectomy, but there are concerns that more complex surgery may delay the delivery of adjuvant oncological treatments and compromise long-term oncological outcomes. High-quality evidence, however, is lacking. iBRA-2 is a national prospective multicentre cohort study that aims to investigate the effect of IBR on the delivery of adjuvant therapy.
CitationThe iBRA-2 (immediate breast reconstruction and adjuvant therapy audit) study: protocol for a prospective national multicentre cohort study to evaluate the impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the delivery of adjuvant therapy. 2016, 6 (10):e012678 BMJ Open
- The impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the time to delivery of adjuvant therapy: the iBRA-2 study.
- Authors: O'Connell RL, Rattay T, Dave RV, Trickey A, Skillman J, Barnes NLP, Gardiner M, Harnett A, Potter S, Holcombe C, iBRA-2 Steering Group., Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative.
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Current attitudes to breast reconstruction surgery for women at risk of post-mastectomy radiotherapy: A survey of UK breast surgeons.
- Authors: Duxbury PJ, Gandhi A, Kirwan CC, Jain Y, Harvey JR
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- New concept for immediate breast reconstruction for invasive cancers: feasibility, oncological safety and esthetic outcome of post-neoadjuvant therapy immediate breast reconstruction versus delayed breast reconstruction: a prospective pilot study.
- Authors: Giacalone PL, Rathat G, Daures JP, Benos P, Azria D, Rouleau C
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Impact of Breast Reconstruction on Time to Definitive Surgical Treatment, Adjuvant Therapy, and Breast Cancer Outcomes.
- Authors: Jabo B, Lin AC, Aljehani MA, Ji L, Morgan JW, Selleck MJ, Kim HY, Lum SS
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- A Prospective Study on Skin-Sparing Mastectomy for Immediate Breast Reconstruction with Latissimus Dorsi Flap After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy in Invasive Breast Carcinoma.
- Authors: Zinzindohoué C, Bertrand P, Michel A, Monrigal E, Miramand B, Sterckers N, Faure C, Charitansky H, Gutowski M, Cohen M, Houvenaeghel G, Trentini F, Raro P, Daures JP, Lacombe S
- Issue date: 2016 Jul