Primary cilia are increased in number and demonstrate structural abnormalities in human cancer.
AffiliationDivision of Medical Education, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrimary cilia play an important role in the regulation of cell signalling pathways and are thought to have a role in cancer but have seldom been studied in human cancer samples.
CitationPrimary cilia are increased in number and demonstrate structural abnormalities in human cancer. 2016, J Clin Pathol
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Presence of primary cilia in cancer cells correlates with prognosis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Emoto K, Masugi Y, Yamazaki K, Effendi K, Tsujikawa H, Tanabe M, Kitagawa Y, Sakamoto M
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Primary cilia: a link between hormone signalling and endocrine-related cancers?
- Authors: O'Toole SM, Chapple JP
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 15
- Prognostic significance of the frequency of primary cilia in cells of small bowel and colorectal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Dvorak J, Hadzi Nikolov D, Dusek L, Filipova A, Richter I, Buka D, Ryska A, Mokry J, Filip S, Melichar B, Buchler T, Abrahamova J
- Issue date: 2016 Sept-Oct
- NKX3.1 as a marker of prostatic origin in metastatic tumors.
- Authors: Gurel B, Ali TZ, Montgomery EA, Begum S, Hicks J, Goggins M, Eberhart CG, Clark DP, Bieberich CJ, Epstein JI, De Marzo AM
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Primary cilia are lost in preinvasive and invasive prostate cancer.
- Authors: Hassounah NB, Nagle R, Saboda K, Roe DJ, Dalkin BL, McDermott KM
- Issue date: 2013