The impact of a panel of 18 SNPs on breast cancer risk in women attending a UK familial screening clinic: a case-control study.
AffiliationGenesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre and Nightingale Breast Screening Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBreast cancer familial risk clinics offer screening and preventive strategies. While BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic testing provides important risk information for some women, panels of more common breast cancer risk genetic variants may have relevance to greater numbers of women with familial risk.
CitationThe impact of a panel of 18 SNPs on breast cancer risk in women attending a UK familial screening clinic: a case-control study. 2016 J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Evaluation of Polygenic Risk Scores for Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk Prediction in BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers.
- Authors: Kuchenbaecker KB, McGuffog L, Barrowdale D, Lee A, Soucy P, Dennis J, Domchek SM, Robson M, Spurdle AB, Ramus SJ, Mavaddat N, Terry MB, Neuhausen SL, Schmutzler RK, Simard J, Pharoah PDP, Offit K, Couch FJ, Chenevix-Trench G, Easton DF, Antoniou AC
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1
- Is multiple SNP testing in BRCA2 and BRCA1 female carriers ready for use in clinical practice? Results from a large Genetic Centre in the UK.
- Authors: Ingham SL, Warwick J, Byers H, Lalloo F, Newman WG, Evans DG
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Evidence for further breast cancer susceptibility genes in addition to BRCA1 and BRCA2 in a population-based study.
- Authors: Antoniou AC, Pharoah PD, McMullan G, Day NE, Ponder BA, Easton D
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Ovarian cancer risk in Ashkenazi Jewish carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.
- Authors: Satagopan JM, Boyd J, Kauff ND, Robson M, Scheuer L, Narod S, Offit K
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- BOADICEA: a comprehensive breast cancer risk prediction model incorporating genetic and nongenetic risk factors.
- Authors: Lee A, Mavaddat N, Wilcox AN, Cunningham AP, Carver T, Hartley S, Babb de Villiers C, Izquierdo A, Simard J, Schmidt MK, Walter FM, Chatterjee N, Garcia-Closas M, Tischkowitz M, Pharoah P, Easton DF, Antoniou AC
- Issue date: 2019 Aug