Estimating the impact of randomised control trial results on clinical practice: results from a survey and modelling study of androgen deprivation therapy plus radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer.
AffiliationMedical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit, University College London, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent trials have shown that the addition of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) to androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improves survival among men with locally advanced prostate cancer.
CitationEstimating the impact of randomised control trial results on clinical practice: results from a survey and modelling study of androgen deprivation therapy plus radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer. 2016, 2 (3):276-283 Eur Urol Focus
JournalEuropean Urology Focus
- Chemotherapy at First Diagnosis of Advanced Prostate Cancer - Revolution or Evolution? Findings from a British Uro-oncology Group UK Survey to Evaluate Oncologists' Views on First-line Docetaxel in Combination with Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Castrate-sensitive Metastatic and High-risk/Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Davda R, Hughes S, Jones R, Crabb SJ, Troup J, Payne H
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Addition of radiotherapy to long-term androgen deprivation in locally advanced prostate cancer: an open randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Mottet N, Peneau M, Mazeron JJ, Molinie V, Richaud P
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Long-term androgen deprivation, with or without radiotherapy, in locally advanced prostate cancer: updated results from a phase III randomised trial.
- Authors: Sargos P, Mottet N, Bellera C, Richaud P
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Short-term androgen suppression and radiotherapy versus intermediate-term androgen suppression and radiotherapy, with or without zoledronic acid, in men with locally advanced prostate cancer (TROG 03.04 RADAR): 10-year results from a randomised, phase 3, factorial trial.
- Authors: Denham JW, Joseph D, Lamb DS, Spry NA, Duchesne G, Matthews J, Atkinson C, Tai KH, Christie D, Kenny L, Turner S, Gogna NK, Diamond T, Delahunt B, Oldmeadow C, Attia J, Steigler A
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Effect on Survival of Androgen Deprivation Therapy Alone Compared to Androgen Deprivation Therapy Combined with Concurrent Radiation Therapy to the Prostate in Patients with Primary Bone Metastatic Prostate Cancer in a Prospective Randomised Clinical Trial: Data from the HORRAD Trial.
- Authors: Boevé LMS, Hulshof MCCM, Vis AN, Zwinderman AH, Twisk JWR, Witjes WPJ, Delaere KPJ, Moorselaar RJAV, Verhagen PCMS, van Andel G
- Issue date: 2019 Mar