Estimating the impact of randomised control trial results on clinical practice: results from a survey and modelling study of androgen deprivation therapy plus radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer.
AffiliationMedical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit, University College London, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent trials have shown that the addition of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) to androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improves survival among men with locally advanced prostate cancer.
CitationEstimating the impact of randomised control trial results on clinical practice: results from a survey and modelling study of androgen deprivation therapy plus radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer. 2016, 2 (3):276-283 Eur Urol Focus
JournalEuropean Urology Focus
- Chemotherapy at First Diagnosis of Advanced Prostate Cancer - Revolution or Evolution? Findings from a British Uro-oncology Group UK Survey to Evaluate Oncologists' Views on First-line Docetaxel in Combination with Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Castrate-sensitive Metastatic and High-risk/Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Davda R, Hughes S, Jones R, Crabb SJ, Troup J, Payne H
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Addition of radiotherapy to long-term androgen deprivation in locally advanced prostate cancer: an open randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Mottet N, Peneau M, Mazeron JJ, Molinie V, Richaud P
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Effect on Survival of Androgen Deprivation Therapy Alone Compared to Androgen Deprivation Therapy Combined with Concurrent Radiation Therapy to the Prostate in Patients with Primary Bone Metastatic Prostate Cancer in a Prospective Randomised Clinical Trial: Data from the HORRAD Trial.
- Authors: Boevé LMS, Hulshof MCCM, Vis AN, Zwinderman AH, Twisk JWR, Witjes WPJ, Delaere KPJ, Moorselaar RJAV, Verhagen PCMS, van Andel G
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Assessment of the Rate of Adherence to International Guidelines for Androgen Deprivation Therapy with External-beam Radiation Therapy: A Population-based Study.
- Authors: Dell'Oglio P, Abou-Haidar H, Leyh-Bannurah SR, Tian Z, Larcher A, Gandaglia G, Fossati N, Shariat SF, Capitanio U, Briganti A, Montorsi F, Graefen M, Saad F, Karakiewicz PI
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. Part II: Treatment of advanced, relapsing, and castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Authors: Heidenreich A, Bastian PJ, Bellmunt J, Bolla M, Joniau S, van der Kwast T, Mason M, Matveev V, Wiegel T, Zattoni F, Mottet N, European Association of Urology.
- Issue date: 2014 Feb