Concurrent gemcitabine and radiotherapy for the treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer: A pooled individual data analysis of eight phase I-II trials.
De Santis, M
AffiliationMedical Oncology Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlthough radical cystectomy is still considered the standard of care for most localized muscle-invasive bladder cancer (MIBC) patients, bladder-sparing strategies with chemoradiotherapy have demonstrated comparable local control and survival rates when adjusting for tumor stage. We present a pooled analysis of individual patient data out of published trials with gemcitabine-based chemoradiotherapy for MIBC.
CitationConcurrent gemcitabine and radiotherapy for the treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer: A pooled individual data analysis of eight phase I-II trials. 2016 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Long-term outcomes in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer after selective bladder-preserving combined-modality therapy: a pooled analysis of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocols 8802, 8903, 9506, 9706, 9906, and 0233.
- Authors: Mak RH, Hunt D, Shipley WU, Efstathiou JA, Tester WJ, Hagan MP, Kaufman DS, Heney NM, Zietman AL
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 1
- Phase II study of conformal hypofractionated radiotherapy with concurrent gemcitabine in muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- Authors: Choudhury A, Swindell R, Logue JP, Elliott PA, Livsey JE, Wise M, Symonds P, Wylie JP, Ramani V, Sangar V, Lyons J, Bottomley I, McCaul D, Clarke NW, Kiltie AE, Cowan RA
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Radiotherapy concurrent with weekly gemcitabine after transurethral tumor resection in muscle ınvasive bladder cancer.
- Authors: Demirci U, Dızdar O, Cetindag MF, Altınova S, Ozsavran A, Dede DS, Kızılırmak N, Eraslan FA, Yalcın B, Cinkir HY
- Issue date: 2015 Oct-Dec
- Selective bladder-sparing protocol consisting of induction low-dose chemoradiotherapy plus partial cystectomy with pelvic lymph node dissection against muscle-invasive bladder cancer: oncological outcomes of the initial 46 patients.
- Authors: Koga F, Kihara K, Yoshida S, Yokoyama M, Saito K, Masuda H, Fujii Y, Kawakami S
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Combined-modality therapy with gemcitabine and radiation therapy as a bladder preservation strategy: long-term results of a phase I trial.
- Authors: Oh KS, Soto DE, Smith DC, Montie JE, Lee CT, Sandler HM
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 1