High-dose interleukin2 - a 10-year single-site experience in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: careful selection of patients gives an excellent outcome.
Shanks, Jonathan H
Thistlethwaite, Fiona C
Hawkins, Robert E
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVEGF-targeted therapy has become the mainstay of treatment for majority of mRCC patients. For most patients, benefit is short-lived and therefore treatment remains palliative in intent. HD IL2 is an effective immunotherapy treatment capable of durable remission in some patients but its unselected use has been difficult due to its modest response rate and considerable adverse effects. Using set pathology criteria as a selection tool in clinical practice, we have been able to show improved outcomes in our previous report. Here, we present an updated and extended report of this treatment and seek to explore any pathological, clinical and treatment variables likely to predict better outcomes.
CitationHigh-dose interleukin2 - a 10-year single-site experience in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: careful selection of patients gives an excellent outcome. 2016, 4:67 J Immunother Cancer
JournalJournal for Immunotherapy of Cancer
- The high-dose aldesleukin "select" trial: a trial to prospectively validate predictive models of response to treatment in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: McDermott DF, Cheng SC, Signoretti S, Margolin KA, Clark JI, Sosman JA, Dutcher JP, Logan TF, Curti BD, Ernstoff MS, Appleman L, Wong MK, Khushalani NI, Oleksowicz L, Vaishampayan UN, Mier JW, Panka DJ, Bhatt RS, Bailey AS, Leibovich BC, Kwon ED, Kabbinavar FF, Belldegrun AS, Figlin RA, Pantuck AJ, Regan MM, Atkins MB
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 1
- Retrospective analysis of the safety and efficacy of high-dose interleukin-2 after prior tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Lam ET, Wong MK, Agarwal N, Redman BG, Logan T, Gao D, Flaig TW, Lewis K, Poust J, Monk P, Jarkowski A, Sendilnathan A, Bolden M, Kuzel TM, Olencki T
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio as a predictive biomarker for response to high dose interleukin-2 in patients with renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Kuzman JA, Stenehjem DD, Merriman J, Agarwal AM, Patel SB, Hahn AW, Alex A, Albertson D, Gill DM, Agarwal N
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 5
- A randomized phase II trial of interleukin-2 and interferon-α plus bevacizumab versus interleukin-2 and interferon-α in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma (mRCC): results from the Danish Renal Cancer Group (DaRenCa) study-1.
- Authors: Donskov F, Jensen NV, Smidt-Hansen T, Brøndum L, Geertsen P
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Carbonic anhydrase IX expression is associated with improved outcome of high-dose interleukin-2 therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Dudek AZ, Yee RT, Manivel JC, Isaksson R, Yee HO
- Issue date: 2010 Mar