Head and neck margin reduction with adaptive radiation therapy: robustness of treatment plans against anatomy changes.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe set out to investigate loss of target coverage from anatomy changes in head and neck cancer patients as a function of applied safety margins and to verify a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT)-based adaptive strategy with an average patient anatomy to overcome possible target underdosage.
CitationHead and neck margin reduction with adaptive radiation therapy: robustness of treatment plans against anatomy changes. 2016, 96(3):653-60 Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics
- Dosimetric Evaluation of Incorporating Patient Geometric Variations Into Adaptive Plan Optimization Through Probabilistic Treatment Planning in Head and Neck Cancers.
- Authors: Liu Q, Liang J, Zhou D, Krauss DJ, Chen PY, Yan D
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 15
- Dosimetric and radiobiological consequences of computed tomography-guided adaptive strategies for intensity modulated radiation therapy of the prostate.
- Authors: Battista JJ, Johnson C, Turnbull D, Kempe J, Bzdusek K, Van Dyk J, Bauman G
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 1
- Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) for adaptive image guided head and neck radiation therapy.
- Authors: Hvid CA, Elstrøm UV, Jensen K, Grau C
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Co-registration of cone beam CT and planning CT in head and neck IMRT dose estimation: a feasible adaptive radiotherapy strategy.
- Authors: Yip C, Thomas C, Michaelidou A, James D, Lynn R, Lei M, Guerrero Urbano T
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Investigating CT to CBCT image registration for head and neck proton therapy as a tool for daily dose recalculation.
- Authors: Landry G, Nijhuis R, Dedes G, Handrack J, Thieke C, Janssens G, Orban de Xivry J, Reiner M, Kamp F, Wilkens JJ, Paganelli C, Riboldi M, Baroni G, Ganswindt U, Belka C, Parodi K
- Issue date: 2015 Mar