Lymphoscintigraphy mapping of truncal malignant melanoma: A study of 212 patients at the Christie NHS Foundation Trust.
AffiliationSchool of Medicine, University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PT
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMalignant melanoma (MM) on the trunk, because of its anatomical location, has multiple potential lymphatic basins to which to drain. The aim of this study is to map the location of the sentinel lymph node (SLN) on the basis of the anatomical location of the primary malignant melanoma on the trunk.
CitationLymphoscintigraphy mapping of truncal malignant melanoma: A study of 212 patients at the Christie NHS Foundation Trust. 2016 J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg
JournalJournal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Significance of dual-basin drainage in patients with truncal melanoma undergoing sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Authors: Jacobs IA, Chang CK, Salti GI
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Cutaneous lymphatic drainage in patients with grossly involved nodal basins.
- Authors: Kamath D, Brobeil A, Stall A, Lyman G, Cruse CW, Glass F, Fenske N, Messina J, Berman C, Reintgen D
- Issue date: 1999 Jun
- Patterns of node mapping differ for axial and extremity primary cutaneous melanoma: A case for a more selective use of pre-operative imaging.
- Authors: Fitzgerald TL, Gronet EM, Atluri P, Zervos EE, Wong JH
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Lymphatic drainage patterns from melanomas on the shoulder or upper trunk to cervical lymph nodes and implications for the extent of neck dissection.
- Authors: Veenstra HJ, Klop WM, Speijers MJ, Lohuis PJ, Nieweg OE, Hoekstra HJ, Balm AJ
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Redefining cutaneous lymphatic flow: the necessity of preoperative lymphoscintigraphy in the management of malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Kamath D, Rapaport D, DeConti R, Cruse CW, Wells K, Glass F, Messina J, Fenske N, Brobeil A, Berman C, Puleo C, Reintgen D
- Issue date: 1997 Mar