Rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone (R-CHOP) in the management of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: a subgroup analysis of the UK NCRI R-CHOP 14 versus 21 trial.
Radford, John A
AffiliationThe Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Surrey, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe performed a subgroup analysis of the phase III UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP-14 versus R-CHOP-21 (two- versus three-weekly rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone) trial to evaluate the outcomes for 50 patients with World Health Organization 2008 classified primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma identified from the trial database. At a median follow-up of 7·2 years the 5-year progression-free survival and overall survival was 79·8% and 83·8%, respectively. An exploratory analysis raised the possibility of a better outcome in those who received R-CHOP-14 and time intensification may still, in the rituximab era, merit testing in a randomised trial in this subgroup of patients.
CitationRituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone (R-CHOP) in the management of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: a subgroup analysis of the UK NCRI R-CHOP 14 versus 21 trial. 2016: Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- R-CHOP versus dose-adjusted R-EPOCH in frontline management of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: a multi-centre analysis.
- Authors: Shah NN, Szabo A, Huntington SF, Epperla N, Reddy N, Ganguly S, Vose J, Obiozor C, Faruqi F, Kovach AE, Costa LJ, Xavier AC, Okal R, Kanate AS, Ghosh N, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Strelec L, Hamadani M, Fenske TS, Calzada O, Cohen JB, Chavez J, Svoboda J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisolone in patients with newly diagnosed diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a phase 3 comparison of dose intensification with 14-day versus 21-day cycles.
- Authors: Cunningham D, Hawkes EA, Jack A, Qian W, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Ardeshna KM, Radford JA, McMillan A, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson P, Gambell J, Linch D
- Issue date: 2013 May 25
- R-CHOP without radiation in frontline management of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Messmer M, Tsai HL, Varadhan R, Swinnen LJ, Jones RJ, Ambinder RF, Shanbhag SP, Borowitz MJ, Wagner-Johnston N
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma: optimal therapy and prognostic factors in 41 consecutive Asian patients.
- Authors: Tai WM, Quah D, Yap SP, Tan SH, Tang T, Tay KW, Koo YX, Tao M, Quek R, Lim ST
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Randomized phase II study of concurrent and sequential combinations of rituximab plus CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone) chemotherapy in untreated indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: 7-year follow-up results.
- Authors: Tobinai K, Ogura M, Itoh K, Kinoshita T, Hotta T, Watanabe T, Morishima Y, Igarashi T, Terauchi T, Ohashi Y, All Collaborators of the IDEC-C2B8 Study Group in Japan.
- Issue date: 2010 Dec