Circulating tumor cells detected in the tumor-draining pulmonary vein are associated with disease recurrence after surgical resection of NSCLC.
Tugwood, Jonathan D
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationManchester Thoracic Oncology Centre, North West Lung Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTumor recurrence after surgical resection of NSCLC obstructs long-term disease-free survival in approximately 50% of cases. Our data suggest that combining circulating tumor cell enumeration (as single cells or clusters) in tumor-draining pulmonary vein and peripheral blood (assessed by CellSearch) at the time of NSCLC surgery better identifies those patients at higher risk for lung cancer recurrence than does peripheral circulating tumor cell number alone.
CitationCirculating tumor cells detected in the tumor-draining pulmonary vein are associated with disease recurrence after surgical resection of NSCLC. 2016: J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Perioperative circulating tumor cells in surgical patients with non-small cell lung cancer: does surgical manipulation dislodge cancer cells thus allowing them to pass into the peripheral blood?
- Authors: Sawabata N, Funaki S, Hyakutake T, Shintani Y, Fujiwara A, Okumura M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Poor Prognosis Indicated by Venous Circulating Tumor Cell Clusters in Early-Stage Lung Cancers.
- Authors: Murlidhar V, Reddy RM, Fouladdel S, Zhao L, Ishikawa MK, Grabauskiene S, Zhang Z, Lin J, Chang AC, Carrott P, Lynch WR, Orringer MB, Kumar-Sinha C, Palanisamy N, Beer DG, Wicha MS, Ramnath N, Azizi E, Nagrath S
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 15
- Novel approach for detection of isolated tumor cells in pulmonary vein using negative selection method: morphological classification and clinical implications.
- Authors: Funaki S, Sawabata N, Nakagiri T, Shintani Y, Inoue M, Kadota Y, Minami M, Okumura M
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Circulating Tumor Cells Identify Early Recurrence in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Undergoing Radical Resection.
- Authors: Bayarri-Lara C, Ortega FG, Cueto Ladrón de Guevara A, Puche JL, Ruiz Zafra J, de Miguel-Pérez D, Ramos AS, Giraldo-Ospina CF, Navajas Gómez JA, Delgado-Rodriguez M, Lorente JA, Serrano MJ
- Issue date: 2016
- Pulmonary venous circulating tumor cell dissemination before tumor resection and disease relapse.
- Authors: Chemi F, Rothwell DG, McGranahan N, Gulati S, Abbosh C, Pearce SP, Zhou C, Wilson GA, Jamal-Hanjani M, Birkbak N, Pierce J, Kim CS, Ferdous S, Burt DJ, Slane-Tan D, Gomes F, Moore D, Shah R, Al Bakir M, Hiley C, Veeriah S, Summers Y, Crosbie P, Ward S, Mesquita B, Dynowski M, Biswas D, Tugwood J, Blackhall F, Miller C, Hackshaw A, Brady G, Swanton C, Dive C, TRACERx Consortium.
- Issue date: 2019 Oct