Emerging concepts for the in vitro derivation of murine haematopoietic stem and progenitor cells.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Stem Cell Haematopoiesis Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWell into the second decade of the 21st century, the field of regenerative medicine is bursting with hopes and promises to heal young and old. The bespoken generation of cells is thought to offer unprecedented cures for a vast range of diseases. Haematological disorders have already benefited tremendously from stem cell therapy in the form of bone marrow transplantation. However, lack of compatible donors often means that patients remain on transplantation waiting lists for too long. The in vitro derivation of haematopoietic stem cells offers the possibility to generate tailor-made cells for the treatment of these patients. Promising approaches to generate in vitro-derived blood progenitors include the directed differentiation of pluripotent stem cells and the reprogramming of somatic cells.
CitationEmerging concepts for the in vitro derivation of murine haematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. 2016: FEBS Lett.
- Cellular Reprogramming Allows Generation of Autologous Hematopoietic Progenitors From AML Patients That Are Devoid of Patient-Specific Genomic Aberrations.
- Authors: Salci KR, Lee JH, Laronde S, Dingwall S, Kushwah R, Fiebig-Comyn A, Leber B, Foley R, Dal Cin A, Bhatia M
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Haematopoietic stem cell reprogramming and the hope for a universal blood product.
- Authors: Barcia Durán JG, Lis R, Rafii S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Concise Review: Recent Advances in the In Vitro Derivation of Blood Cell Populations.
- Authors: Batta K, Menegatti S, Garcia-Alegria E, Florkowska M, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Re-entering the pluripotent state from blood lineage: promises and pitfalls of blood reprogramming.
- Authors: Chen Y, Yi Y, Xu J, Chan WK, Loh YH
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Cytokine-free directed differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells efficiently produces hemogenic endothelium with lymphoid potential.
- Authors: Galat Y, Dambaeva S, Elcheva I, Khanolkar A, Beaman K, Iannaccone PM, Galat V
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 17