Clinical significance of intra-nodal naevi in sentinel node biopsies for malignant melanoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Plastic Surgery, The Christie Hospital, 550 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntra-nodal naevi (INN) identified during assessment of a sentinel lymph node for melanoma are not an uncommon finding. Little is known about their clinical significance. Patients with INN are treated as sentinel node biopsy (SNB) negative currently. Our aim was to assess the significance of INN in patients who undergo SNB for melanoma.
CitationClinical significance of intra-nodal naevi in sentinel node biopsies for malignant melanoma. 2016: Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Intra-nodal nevi in sentinel node-negative patients with cutaneous melanoma does not influence survival.
- Authors: de Beer FSA, van Diest PJ, Sigurdsson V, El Sharouni M
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- The interval between primary melanoma excision and sentinel node biopsy is not associated with survival in sentinel node positive patients - An EORTC Melanoma Group study.
- Authors: Oude Ophuis CM, Verhoef C, Rutkowski P, Powell BW, van der Hage JA, van Leeuwen PA, Voit CA, Testori A, Robert C, Hoekstra HJ, Grünhagen DJ, Eggermont AM, van Akkooi AC
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Excision margins and sentinel lymph node status as prognostic factors in thick melanoma of the head and neck: A retrospective analysis.
- Authors: Ruskin O, Sanelli A, Herschtal A, Webb A, Dixon B, Pohl M, Donahoe S, Spillane J, Henderson MA, Gyorki DE
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Predictors and Survival Impact of False-Negative Sentinel Nodes in Melanoma.
- Authors: Lee DY, Huynh KT, Teng A, Lau BJ, Vitug S, Lee JH, Stern SL, Foshag LJ, Faries MB
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- When should pelvic sentinel lymph nodes be harvested in patients with malignant melanoma?
- Authors: Kaoutzanis C, Barabás A, Allan R, Hussain M, Powell B
- Issue date: 2012 Jan