Brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: An updated review of published data from the named patient program.
AffiliationInstitute of Hematology and Medical Oncology, 'L. & A. Seragnoli', University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBrentuximab vedotin was available via named patient program (NPP) to patients with relapsed/refractory (R/R) Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) or systemic anaplastic large-cell lymphoma in ∼60 non-US/Canadian countries, before local approval. Published results were examined recently; through systematic literature review, we identified 12 new NPP publications. Most (10/12) publications included new NPP data describing 8 unique cohorts (N=480; all R/R HL) and new participating countries. Overall response rates were 58-80%, and complete remission rates were 10-40%. With median follow-up of 9.5-26 months, median progression-free survival was 5-10.5 months and median overall survival (OS) had not been reached in most cohorts; 1- and 2-year OS was 67-76% and 58-67%, respectively. Tolerability was as expected from previous reports. Despite intrinsic bias and heterogeneous cohorts, this update supports previous findings showing comparable efficacy and tolerability of brentuximab vedotin between real-world practice and phase 2 trial results in R/R HL.
CitationBrentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: An updated review of published data from the named patient program. 2016, 104:65-70 Crit Rev Oncol Hematol
JournalCritical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology
- Experience of brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and relapsed/refractory systemic anaplastic large-cell lymphoma in the Named Patient Program: Review of the literature.
- Authors: Zinzani PL, Sasse S, Radford J, Shonukan O, Bonthapally V
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- The European Medicines Agency Review of Brentuximab Vedotin (Adcetris) for the Treatment of Adult Patients With Relapsed or Refractory CD30+ Hodgkin Lymphoma or Systemic Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: Summary of the Scientific Assessment of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use.
- Authors: Gravanis I, Tzogani K, van Hennik P, de Graeff P, Schmitt P, Mueller-Berghaus J, Salmonson T, Gisselbrecht C, Laane E, Bergmann L, Pignatti F
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Impact of post-brentuximab vedotin consolidation on relapsed/refractory CD30+ Hodgkin lymphomas: a large retrospective study on 240 patients enrolled in the French Named-Patient Program.
- Authors: Perrot A, Monjanel H, Bouabdallah R, Quittet P, Sarkozy C, Bernard M, Stamatoullas A, Borel C, Bouabdallah K, Nicolas-Virelizier E, Fournier M, Morschhauser F, Brice P, Lymphoma Study Association (LYSA).
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma post-autologous transplant: meta-analysis versus historical data.
- Authors: Bonthapally V, Wu E, Macalalad A, Yang H, Shonukan O, Liu Y, Chi A, Huebner D
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Brentuximab vedotin compared with other therapies in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma post autologous stem cell transplant: median overall survival meta-analysis.
- Authors: Bonthapally V, Yang H, Ayyagari R, Tan RD, Cai S, Wu E, Gautam A, Chi A, Huebner D
- Issue date: 2015