Tissue-inappropriate derepression of FOXC1 is frequent and functional in human acute myeloid leukemia
AffiliationLeukaemia Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester , Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTissue-inappropriate derepression of the mesenchymal transcription factor gene Forkhead Box C1 (FOXC1) occurs in approximately 20% of patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Through experimental and bioinformatics analyses, we have demonstrated this to be both functional (enhancing the myeloid lineage differentiation block characteristic of the disease) and adversely prognostic.
CitationTissue-inappropriate derepression of FOXC1 is frequent and functional in human acute myeloid leukemia. 2016, 3 (2):e1131355 Mol Cell Oncol
JournalMolecular & cellular oncology
TypeMeetings and Proceedings
- Frequent Derepression of the Mesenchymal Transcription Factor Gene FOXC1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: Somerville TD, Wiseman DH, Spencer GJ, Huang X, Lynch JT, Leong HS, Williams EL, Cheesman E, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 14
- Enhancer recruitment of a RUNX1, HDAC1 and TLE3 co-repressor complex by mis-expressed FOXC1 blocks differentiation in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Simeoni F, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2021
- The forkhead box C1 (FOXC1) transcription factor is downregulated in acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- Authors: Fabiani E, Falconi G, Noguera NI, Saulle E, Cicconi L, Divona M, Banella C, Picardi A, Cerio AM, Boe L, Sanchez M, Pelosi E, Testa U, Lo-Coco F, Voso MT
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 13
- The Forkhead Box C1, a Novel Negative Regulator of Osteogenesis, Plays a Crucial Role in Odontogenic Differentiation of Dental Pulp Stem Cells.
- Authors: Xiao J, Cao P, Wang C, Huang D, Lian M, Song Y, Yin W, Zheng K, Gu Z, Gu Y, Feng G, Feng X
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- FoxC1 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition through PBX1 dependent transactivation of ZEB2 in esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Zhu X, Wei L, Bai Y, Wu S, Han S
- Issue date: 2017