Breast cancer risk feedback to women in the UK NHS breast screening population.
AuthorsEvans, D Gareth R
AffiliationGenesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre and Nightingale Breast Screening Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 9LT
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere are widespread moves to develop risk-stratified approaches to population-based breast screening. The public needs to favour receiving breast cancer risk information, which ideally should produce no detrimental effects. This study investigates risk perception, the proportion wishing to know their 10-year risk and whether subsequent screening attendance is affected.
CitationBreast cancer risk feedback to women in the UK NHS breast screening population. 2016: Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Assessing individual breast cancer risk within the U.K. National Health Service Breast Screening Program: a new paradigm for cancer prevention.
- Authors: Evans DG, Warwick J, Astley SM, Stavrinos P, Sahin S, Ingham S, McBurney H, Eckersley B, Harvie M, Wilson M, Beetles U, Warren R, Hufton A, Sergeant JC, Newman WG, Buchan I, Cuzick J, Howell A
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Mammographic density adds accuracy to both the Tyrer-Cuzick and Gail breast cancer risk models in a prospective UK screening cohort.
- Authors: Brentnall AR, Harkness EF, Astley SM, Donnelly LS, Stavrinos P, Sampson S, Fox L, Sergeant JC, Harvie MN, Wilson M, Beetles U, Gadde S, Lim Y, Jain A, Bundred S, Barr N, Reece V, Howell A, Cuzick J, Evans DG
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 1
- Breast cancer risk in young women in the national breast screening programme: implications for applying NICE guidelines for additional screening and chemoprevention.
- Authors: Evans DG, Brentnall AR, Harvie M, Dawe S, Sergeant JC, Stavrinos P, Astley S, Wilson M, Ainsworth J, Cuzick J, Buchan I, Donnelly LS, Howell A
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Can Flemish women in semi-rural areas be motivated to attend organized breast cancer screening?
- Authors: Van Hal G, Matthyssen M, Thibaut A, Weyler J
- Issue date: 1999 Apr