A biospecimen proficiency testing program for biobank accreditation: four years of experience.
De Souza, Y
De Wilde, A
Van den Eynden, G
AffiliationIntegrated Biobank of Luxembourg , Luxembourg
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBiobanks produce and distribute biospecimens, ensuring their fitness for purpose and accurately qualifying them before distribution. In their efforts toward professionalization, biobanks can nowadays seek certification or accreditation. One of the requirements of these standards is regular participation in Proficiency Testing (PT) programs. An international PT program has been developed and provided to biobanks and other laboratories that perform specific tests to qualify different types of biospecimens. This PT program includes biospecimen testing schemes, as well as biospecimen processing interlaboratory exercises. This PT program supports the development of biobank quality assurance by providing the possibility to assess biobank laboratory performance and useful insights into biobank laboratory method performance characteristics and thus fulfill the demands from accreditation authorities.
CitationA biospecimen proficiency testing program for biobank accreditation: four years of experience. 2016: Biopreserv Biobank
JournalBiopreservation and Biobanking
- The NCI Biospecimen Research Network.
- Authors: Moore HM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Establishment of a biorepository for migraine research: the experience of Interinstitutional Multidisciplinary BioBank (BioBIM).
- Authors: Palmirotta R, Barbanti P, Ludovici G, Egeo G, Aurilia C, Fofi L, De Marchis ML, Spila A, Ferroni P, Della-Morte D, Guadagni F
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- An Introduction to Starting a Biobank.
- Authors: Harati MD, Williams RR, Movassaghi M, Hojat A, Lucey GM, Yong WH
- Issue date: 2019
- International approaches to advancing biospecimen science.
- Authors: Moore HM, Compton CC, Alper J, Vaught JB
- Issue date: 2011 May
- A practical approach to clinical and research biobanking.
- Authors: Yong WH, Dry SM, Shabihkhani M
- Issue date: 2014